Alex has a video production company in Germany. He started using video to save his own time, by using simple clips instead of telling the same story many times. Today he helps his customers to save time, build trust and be found. His personal record was shooting 8 Videos in an hour.
Click to tweet: Fire Nation, Alexander shares his incredible journey on EOFire today!
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:03] – When Alexander was a small kid, he realized adults believed everything they saw on television and wanted to tap into that
- [01:13] – When he was 23, he achieved his goal of working in television advertisement
- [01:33] – He decided to make his own videos after realizing that people watched the clips more than the commercial advertisements
- [01:48] – How did you manage to do 8 videos in 1 hour? “It comes with training.”
- [01:57] – Alexander produces about 600 to 700 videos a year
- [02:38] – We tell stories through video
- What was your goal for The Freedom Journal and how did you crush it? “I heard about it from your newsletter. My goal was to make videos and The Freedom Journal helped me learn from my mistakes.”
- [03:35] – International shipping of The Freedom Journal is quite expensive, but there is also a complete digital pack
- [05:18] – JLD reiterates the importance of nightly reflection on the struggles you faced during the day so you can find solutions
- [5:55] – How do you define productivity? “Whenever possible, do anything twice. If you can do it in a way that you can have leverage afterwards, do it that way.”
- [06:39] – Alexander’s struggle is in working too deep in the business
- [06:58] – His biggest problem is saying “no” to other people
- 07:16 – JDL talks about Michael Gerber’s book, The E-Myth Revisited
- [7:59] – How do you define discipline? “For me discipline is not so hard. My only problem with it is focus and doing the wrong things.”
- [08:27] – The Freedom Journal helped in focusing on the things that matter
- [08:35] – How do you define the word focus? “It is important to see my goal in the future. I visualize my long-term goal.”
- [09:27] – Alexander wants a life where he is free to make decisions and to be there for his family
- [10:05] – Alexander has a lot of ideas, so he created an email where he can send all his ideas
- 10:31 – The Freedom Journal is about giving you the ability to Choose Freedom!
- [10:46] – JDL has sold 16,000+ copies of The Freedom Journal
- 11:00 – The Mastery Journal is about productivity, discipline and focus
- [11:22] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “Nothing. I started my first business when I was about 15 years old. The problem was with being a successful entrepreneur. I thought that money was evil and I had to get over that.”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “Focus on things that don’t change”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? “I never watch news. I listen to podcasts or audio books.”
- Share an internet resource, with Fire Nation – Trello
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – Richard Dawkins’ The Selfish Gene
- 13:16 – There is a newsletter, The Skimm: they send news highlights to you
- 14:13 – For German listeners, Alexander has a podcast called HebelZeit, which is Leverage Time in German
- 14:29 – Contact him via email
- [14:39] – Invest your time to learn things that will be valid in the future
3 Key Points:
- It is important to identify your mistakes, so you can address them directly and effectively.
- Knowing how to say “no” to people can be valuable for you and your business.
- Freedom is about being free to make the decisions that you want to make, not those you have to make.
- Michael Gerber’s book The E-Myth Revisited – JLD refers to this book
- The Freedom Journal – Set and Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
- The Mastery Journal – Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
- Trello – Alexander’s favorite online app
- Richard Dawkin’s book The Selfish Gene – Alexander’s favorite book
- HebelZeit – Alexander’s podcast
- The Skimm – Alexander’s refers to this newsletter
- LegalZoom: Invest your time and money in your business, and use LegalZoom for the legal stuff. Save even more by entering EOF in the referral box at checkout!
- Billy Gene Marketing: Visit CopyOurAds.com and if you’re the first 100 to sign up, Billy Gene will mail you his best performing Facebook ad campaigns for FREE. You just cover the shipping!
1) The Freedom Journal: Accomplish your #1 goal in 100-days!
2) The Mastery Journal: Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3) Free Podcast Course: Create, grow, and monetize YOUR Podcast!