Michelle is the Founder & Lead Strategist of Profit Ventures, a global Brand & Marketing Consultancy based out of Silicon Valley. PV fuels the growth of early stage technology startups through one tailored program that offers the very best in building the right strategic brand & marketing foundation that makes real growth & scale possible.
Click to tweet: Fire Nation, Michelle shares her incredible journey on EOFire today!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:12] – Michelle was a triathlete
- [01:30] – Michelle loves traveling and connecting with people
- [01:49] – Branding and marketing are big parts of Michelle’s life
- [02:14] – The niche that Michelle perfected is with tech entrepreneurs
- [02:39] – “Good ideas for the world aren’t happening fast enough”
- [02:50] – Research and strategy are often overlooked for the majority of entrepreneurs
- [03:10] – Strategy comprises of business strategy, brand strategy and marketing strategy
- [03:53] – Strategy enables you to dominate in your market
- [04:13] – If you do research and strategy right, it creates clarity and expert positioning
- [05:10] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: “You have to get to a point in your life where you embrace failure”
- [07:13] – The hardest part for Michelle was that she let down their investors
- [07:36] – “You’ve got to really be careful who you attach the wagon to”
- [07:51] – Michelle, as a child, would tell herself that she wasn’t going to have partners when she created her own business
- [08:04] – 1 in 30 people are psychopaths
- [08:10] – DO your background homework before you decide to attach the wagon
- [08:29] – JLD loves ships, but definitely not partnerships
- [08:57] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: Michelle feels really blessed with the amazing CEOs in Silicon Valley
- [09:30] – Understand people better than they understand themselves
- [09:40] – Michelle had a breakthrough epiphany years ago
- [09:45] – There are 5 core things that, subconsciously, every human needs to have in order to feel connection
- [10:04] – When you implement them in business and relationships, it’s a win-win
- [10:52] – The 5 core things are: Do you love me? Do you share me? Do you see me? Do you value me? Do I matter?
- [11:24] – Doing the 5 core things will fast-track building the deepest connection with your market
- [12:07] – Think about how you can apply these 5 core things into one area
- [12:59] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? “It’s technology”
- [13:40] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “Fear of leaving a high paying position”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “When you start is never when you’re finished”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “Shattering what the brain perceives as a comfort zone every single day and pushing the envelope of my own self-evolution”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – AppSumo
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – Awakening your Inner Genius by Sean Patrick is a captivating account of stories of geniuses from the past and how it relates to our everyday, entrepreneurial lessons
- Imagine you woke up tomorrow morning in a brand new world, identical to Earth, but you knew no one. You still have all the experiences and knowledge you currently have – your food and shelter is taken cared of – but all you have is a laptop and $500. What would you do in the next 7 days? – “I’d build an e-comm store”
- 15:59 – Connect with Michelle through her website and Profit Ventures
- [16:11] – Always trust your gut, really think things through, and listen to your intuition
3 Key Points:
- Determine what your core values are so you KNOW where you stand.
- Technology is moving the world forward at a very fast pace—we need to leverage technology for the growth of our businesses.
- Trust your gut and follow your intuition, because it is never wrong.
- AppSumo – Michelle’s small business resource
- Awakening your Inner Genius – Michelle’s Top Business Books
- Audible – Get a 30–day free trial of fantastic audiobooks!
- Michelle’s website
- FireUP – Turn your website visitors into leads and customers!
- The Freedom Journal: Set & Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
- IRS Medic: Visit IRSMedic.com/fire to get help with international business compliance and all of your tax challenges today!
- Constant Contact: See how you can be a marketer: sign up for a free trial today at ConstantContact.com/podcast!
1) The Freedom Journal: Accomplish your #1 goal in 100-days!
2) The Mastery Journal: Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3) Free Podcast Course: Create, grow, and monetize YOUR Podcast!