Daragh is a Google Certified Marketer and Instructor. More than 40,000 students have taken his online courses leaving more than 4,000 top-rated reviews. Based in Ireland, he enjoys sharing what he’s learnt from growing his own websites and working with companies like Amazon, Hertz & Callaway Golf.
Click to tweet: Fire Nation, Daragh shares his incredible journey on EOFire today!
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [00:54] – Two years ago, Daragh had no background in marketing and had done nothing entrepreneurial in his life
- 01:02 – What got him started in marketing was freelancing on Fiverr
- 01:24 – He took his hands-on experience and translated that into courses on Udemy
- [01:36] – After a year, he quit his job and focused in on what he does with Udemy
- [01:59] – Invest in yourself
- [02:06] – ILT – Invest, Learn, Teach
- [02:28] – The great thing with Udemy is that it lets you message your students (both free and paying) and refer them back to your website
- [03:01] – Daragh’s revenue now is at $10,000/month
- [03:39] – One BIG and Unique Value Bomb: “My area of expertise is really teaching solopreneurs and small business owners how to market their business online from scratch… marketing is pretty simple. It really just boils down to answering two simple questions: who are your customers, and secondly, where are they?”
- 05:07 – You can apply SEO principles and tactics to other platforms like Udemy and Quora
- [06:08] – Daragh used keywords for his course titles and subtitles on Udemy
- [07:01] – What was your goal for The Freedom Journal and how did you crush it? “I was really looking for a way to take my Udemy revenue to the next level and create a really big course. So my goal with The Freedom Journal was to create a complete digital marketing course”
- [08:01] – Daragh did struggle as he had some blank pages in his journal
- [09:28] – How do you define Productivity? “I think it’s really that feeling at the end of the day that I’ve taken a step forward towards my goal”
- [09:58] – Daragh’s struggle is in tracking his time
- 10:53 – JLD has set up four sessions in The Mastery Journal
- [11:22] – How do you define Discipline? “Sticking to a schedule and remaining consistent”
- [11:36] – Daragh struggles with discipline when it comes to going to the gym
- [13:00] – How do you define Focus? “Finishing what you set out to do”
- [13:54] – Daragh thinks he’s a 5/10 at productivity, 6/10 at discipline, and 7/10 at focus
- 14:29 – The Mastery Journal – Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
- [15:12] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “I didn’t have a sense of urgency”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “Do more of what’s working”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “I give big importance to feedback and I actively seek it out”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Quora
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – The Power of Less – “I think it’s a great book that really fits into this theme of focus and productivity”
- [20:45] – Marketing is about knowing who your customers are
- 20:53 – For a step-by-step approach, Daragh created a file for Fire Nation, simply go to Complete Digital Marketing Course
3 Key Points:
- Freelancing can be a great start to entrepreneurship.
- Translate what you learn into something you can teach others.
- Use what’s already working and improve that for better results.
- Quora – Daragh’s small business resource
- The Power of Less – Daragh’s Top Business Book
- Audible – Get a 30–day free trial of fantastic audiobooks!
- Complete Digital Marketing Course – Daragh’s website
- The Mastery Journal – Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
- Billy Gene Marketing: Visit CopyOurAds.com and if you’re the first 100 to sign up, Billy Gene will mail you his best performing Facebook ad campaigns for FREE. You just cover the shipping!
- Constant Contact: See how you can be a marketer: sign up for a free trial today at ConstantContact.com/podcast!
1) The Freedom Journal: Accomplish your #1 goal in 100-days!
2) The Mastery Journal: Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3) Free Podcast Course: Create, grow, and monetize YOUR Podcast!