Josh and his company specialize in Online Sales Funnels, the most critical process for business stability and growth. He has been personally trained by Ryan Deiss, Ryan Levesque, and several other industry experts. He’s also a single father to Benjamin, an adventure seeker, fitness junkie, and a daredevil.
Click to tweet: Fire Nation, Josh shares his incredible journey on EOFire today!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:01] – Josh started his business in 2013 when he just got laid off from Infusionsoft
- [01:30] – Josh got his first online marketing gig
- [02:06] – Josh decided to go full-time as an entrepreneur
- [02:39] – JLD is an inspiration to Josh
- [02:54] – 2014 was when Josh got into podcasts and came across EOFire
- [05:09] – One BIG and Unique Value Bomb: The key to developing a successful business is to create a system that consistently brings in leads and sales
- [05:52] – Ask your non-buyers why they didn’t buy and get their feedback
- [05:56] – Josh shares tips about what to have on your website to increase sales and leads
- [07:45] – The Freedom Journal’s conversion rate is high because of the digital pack
- [08:55] – What was your goal for The Freedom Journal and how did you crush it? Josh’s goal was to scale and hire more people
- [10:35] – The Freedom Journal helped Josh removed all the distractions and focus on reflecting and learning
- [12:33] – How do you define Productivity? “Productivity is the measurement of getting the right work done in a specific amount of time”
- [12:52] – How Josh struggles with productivity
- [13:18] – Ryan Levesque told Josh that business is like an airplane, there are bumps along the way, but it is a smooth ride at the top
- [13:54] – How do you define Discipline? It is staying focused, making the hardest decisions, and doing what needs to be done even if you don’t like doing it
- [15:00] – How do you define Focus? “Narrowing your attention to one thing and eliminating any distractions around you”
- [15:20] – Every morning, Josh writes on post-it’s the things he needs to do in a day
- [16:04] – Josh’s nemesis is getting too involved is his company
- [17:45] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “The lack of clarity and comfort”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “Talk is cheap and action speaks louder than words”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “My focus on health and business”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Digital Marketer Lab
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – Relentless by Tim Grover
- 20:53 – Josh created a quiz that can help business owners identify their best business strategies on Cvoaccel.com/fire and there’s a bonus offer for Fire Nation!
- [21:53] – Keep driving forward, put your head down, and you’ll see the light at the end of the tunnel!
3 Key Points:
- Life is all about the small wins and we don’t usually celebrate them.
- Eat that frog—it may not be easy, but it has to be done!
- Keep driving forward, put your head down, and you’ll see the light at the end of the tunnel.
- Digital Marketer Lab – Josh’s small business resource
- Relentless – Josh’s Top Business Book
- Audible – Get a 30–day free trial of fantastic audiobooks!
- Josh’s website
- The Mastery Journal – Master Productivity, Discipline and Focus in 100 days!
- DesignCrowd: Post your design project on DesignCrowd today and get a special $100 VIP offer! Visit DesignCrowd.com/fire and enter the discount code FIRE when posting your project!
- Klaviyo: If you’re an eCommerce marketer looking to make more money through super-targeted, highly relevant email and advertising campaigns, then sign up for free today at Klaviyo.com!
If you’re interested in spo
1) The Freedom Journal: Accomplish your #1 goal in 100-days!
2) The Mastery Journal: Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3) Free Podcast Course: Create, grow, and monetize YOUR Podcast!