Nagina is the founder of MasalaBody.com and helps ambitious women take control of their health and weight. She created Spice Yourself Skinny, an 8-week program in which women describe their weight loss as “effortless.” She has been featured in Business Insider, Huffington Post and on Fox News for her weight-loss expertise.
Click to tweet: Fire Nation, Nagina shares her incredible journey on EOFire today!
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:04] – A major part of Nagina’s business is a result of her personal transformation
- [01:13] – She struggled her entire life to be fit
- [01:34] – She had no time for herself
- [01:54] – Nagina realized she didn’t want that life
- [02:15] – Nagina found Tim Ferris’ 4-Hour Body, used the foods and added flavors and spices
- [02:39] – She lost 10lbs in 4 weeks and 40lbs in 9 months
- [03:09] – The neighborhood started asking Nagina how she lost weight
- [03:25] – Nagina started with a blog
- [04:15] – One BIG and Unique Value Bomb: Nagina wants you to focus on just the goal. Start with 5lbs or 2kgs and start getting those off. Break up your goals into smaller milestones.
- [05:41] – Weigh yourself in the morning before drinking or eating anything
- [05:54] – Have a protein-filled breakfast
- [06:18] – The goal is starting with something small
- [07:00] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Nagina was at a point where she was really wanting to scale her business. She created a group program but since she felt she knew what people wanted, she didn’t talk to too many people about it. After putting a ton of effort into a webinar and email campaigns, not one person bought her program.
- [08:22] – Nagina realized she didn’t test the concept
- [08:39] – She looked at the most popular and most viral articles and segments she’s done
- [09:01] – She renamed the program “Spice Yourself Skinny”
- [09:18] – Making one tweak can change everything
- [10:55] – Just because something doesn’t work the first time, doesn’t mean it won’t work ever
- [11:32] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: When a lot of women asked what Nagina did, she literally told them everything. What shocked her was that none of them followed what she said. Nagina then realized that she needed to start telling people her techniques in smaller pieces.
- [14:26] – You CAN achieve your goals
- [14:58] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? Nagina is fired up about her child’s birthday. This also marks the start of her transformation. Today, she also received an email from a woman in her program who lost 8lbs in 3 weeks!
- [16:20] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – Not realizing she could create a program from her own transformation
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – Stay focused on a project
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – Consistency
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Flipboard
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – The Slight Edge: Turning Simple Disciplines into Massive Success and Happiness
- [19:29] – Start anything in small steps with consistency
- 19:47 – Special gift for Fire Nation! Get Nagina’s Weight Loss Recipes Handbook for Busy Women PLUS The Spice Yourself Skinny Starter Pack: 12 Weight Loss Spices here
3 Key Points:
- Break your ultimate goal into smaller milestones you can easily reach.
- Always take your market into consideration.
- Making a small tweak in your marketing campaign can make a huge difference.
- Flipboard – Nagina’s small business resource
- The Slight Edge: Turning Simple Disciplines into Massive Success and Happiness – Nagina’s Top Business Book
- Audible – Get a 30–day free trial of fantastic audiobooks!
- Masala Body – Nagina’s website
- FireUp.co – Turn your website visitors into leads!
- The Freedom Journal – Set & Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
1) The Freedom Journal: Accomplish your #1 goal in 100-days!
2) The Mastery Journal: Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3) Free Podcast Course: A 15-day course that will share how to create, grow, and monetize YOUR Podcast!
4) The Webinar Course: A 10-day course that will share how to create and present Webinars that convert!