Dana can guide you from idea to print book in one year – but never in 100 days. With more than 15 years of helping others create and market content she purchased The Freedom Journal with a goal of publishing a box set as JaNese Dixon by January 1, 2017.
Click to tweet: Fire Nation, Dana shares her incredible journey on EOFire today!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [00:59] – Dana is married to her high school sweetheart and with 3 kids
- [01:19] – Dana realized that the law firm life was not going to yield the lifestyle she wanted for her family
- [01:24] – Dana turned her part-time business into a full-time business
- [01:35] – In 2017, Dana’s husband will manage their website development company and Dana will pursue publishing full-time, which led her to buying The Freedom Journal
- [01:56] – Dana’s expertise is pulling out of people what they’ve always wanted to do
- [02:37] – The ninja move for Dana is that you have to plant the seed that you want to harvest
- [03:24] – What was your goal for The Freedom Journal and how did you crush it? “My goal is to publish my box set as Ja’nese Dixon, which is my pen name, by Jan 1, 2017”
- [03:37] – Dana realized that she needed to have an audience to market it to
- [04:01] – Dana grew her email list and audience
- [05:00] – The Freedom Journal helped Dana realize how she was spreading herself too thin
- [05:26] – “There’s so much to do to reach one goal, but you really don’t need to overcrowd yourself or do too much at one time”
- [05:45] – Dana feels that The Freedom Journal is her own personal mentor and coach
- [06:04] – JLD reiterates that The Freedom Journal is your accountability partner
- [07:08] – How do you define Productivity? “Productivity for me is producing or being capable of producing abundantly favorable or useful results”
- [07:43] – Dana had to learn the 80/20 rule
- [09:25] – Dana shares the way she writes
- [09:51] – JLD mentions the “Win Tomorrow Today” section of The Mastery Journal
- [10:34] – How do you define Discipline? “I define discipline as a systematic method to produce specific behaviors, communication, thoughts and how I engage others and it boils down to getting a handle on the things in my life I can control”
- [11:57] – Dana’s thoughts on the seed and the plant
- [13:02] – JLD mentions the study about 20-year olds and their savings
- [14:08] – How do you define Focus? “Focus is the ability to adjust your attention to a central point, or even more, to converge towards a central point of focus”
- [17:05] – The Mastery Journal has an amazing digital pack
- [17:45] – 3 women from the Facebook group have become one mastermind and created OTED: one thing every day
- [18:20] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “Honestly nothing. I always knew that I wanted the life that we created, but I think more than anything now, it’s about using the foundation that we’ve created to build something greater”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “Do it scared”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “Having daily quiet time and use that time first thing in the morning”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Insta Freebie
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – Write, Publish, Repeat has very colorful language
- 21:04 – Find more about Dana’s books at DanaPittman.com and JaneseDixon.com
- [21:40] – Dana uses her pen name for her fictional work and her given name for non-fiction and inspirational work
- [22:27] – Dana’s parting advice: Courage doesn’t mean the absence of fear, it just means that you’ll do it anyway
- 22:58 – Go to DanaPittman.com/fire to see Dana’s offer for her box set and collection of short stories!
3 Key Points:
- Focus on that ONE goal, but be sure to pace yourself.
- Right now is important for my tomorrow—enjoy today, but plan for tomorrow.
- Take action in spite of fear—step OUT of your comfort zone.
- Insta Freebie – Dana’s small business resource
- Write, Publish, Repeat – Dana’s Top Business Book
- Audible – Get a 30–day free trial of fantastic audiobooks!
- Dana’s website
- The Mastery Journal – Master Productivity, Discipline and Focus in 100 days!
- Billy Gene Marketing: Visit CopyOurAds.com and if you’re the first 100 to sign up, Billy Gene will mail you his best performing Facebook ad campaigns for FREE. You just cover the shipping!
- Constant Contact: See how you can be a marketer: sign up for a free trial today at ConstantContact.com/podcast!
1) The Freedom Journal: Accomplish your #1 goal in 100-days!
2) The Mastery Journal: Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3) Free Podcast Course: Create, grow, and monetize YOUR Podcast!