Harriet is a eating coach with 25,000 YouTube views who empowers people to use psychology and neuroscience to achieve a 95% drop in binge eating without feeling deprived or bad about themselves. She has already used these strategies to make her own (previously all-consuming) compulsive eating and sugar addiction non-issues, and drop 3 dress sizes.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- iMovie – Harriet’s small business resource
- The Obstacle Is the Way – Harriet’s Top Business Book
- Harriet’s website
- The Mastery Journal – Master Productivity, Discipline and Focus in 100 days!
3 Key Points:
- Do not live with regrets or be bound by “if only” statements.
- Effort-based goals are more accessible than being results-based.
- Follow your mini deadlines and respect your time limit for each task.
- Athletic Greens: The most complete whole food supplement on the market. If you check out AG, you’ll receive 20 single serve travel packs valued at $99 completely free with your first order. Just visit athleticgreens.com/fire!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:03] – Harriet had a compulsive eating problem for 3 decades
- [01:21] – On Harriet’s 40th birthday, she realized that she needed to really change her thinking
- [03:42] – The different cases of binge eating for Harriet
- [05:08] – From studies, our mouths just want to be completely smothered
- [06:05] – One BIG and Unique Value Bomb: “Will power is a big, fat myth”
- [06:28] – Achieving goals happens when we know how to deal with our resistance
- [08:05] – Binge eating is an ineffective, coping mechanism for dealing with our issues
- [08:34] – What was your goal for The Freedom Journal and how did you crush it? “My goal was to get 5 clients for my new coaching program that I was setting up”
- [08:56] – Everything was doing great for a month, but then Harriet’s self-sabotage began to set in
- [09:26] – Harriet realized that she needed to apply that resistance she used to food to her businesses
- [10:00] – Changing result-based goals to effort-based goals made things easier for Harriet
- [10:39] – Harriet set up the OTED (one thing every day) Facebook group
- [11:37] – Harriet almost reached her goal with The Freedom Journal
- [11:53] – Harriet is now getting ready to start her Mastery Journal goal
- [12:27] – Harriet found the women in OTED from The Freedom Journal Facebook group
- [13:35] – How do you define Productivity? “Productivity is prioritizing a few tasks so that you can get more done”
- [13:56] – Harriet struggled, at first, with executing her ideas
- [15:31] – How do you define Discipline? “Discipline is what happens when you create mini deadlines that excite you”
- [16:00] – Harriet struggles writing blog posts
- [16:39] – How do you define Focus? “The ability is to set a time limit for each task and most importantly to respect that time limit”
- 16:59 – The Pomodoro Technique in the The Mastery Journal
- [17:07] – JLD visits the Facebook group as part of his morning routine
- 18:10 – The Mastery Journal has a lot great videos, tips and testimonies
- [18:33] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “The idea that the entrepreneur was the superstar of the business”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “I won’t be the one to be bound by the sound of ‘if only…’”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “To actively seek rejection by turning it into a game”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – iMovie
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – The Obstacle Is the Way by Ryan Holiday because it’s all about reforming your problem
- [21:30] – Look at your problems as irritations or potential pills
- 21:52 – Find Harriet on her website at Theshiftinside.com/fire
1) The Freedom Journal: Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
2) The Mastery Journal: Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3) Free Goals Course: Accomplish a meaningful goal!