Meghan, who owns Imua Services, is known for her medical device podcast, videos, and industry connections. She’s a patriotic military wife, pet parent, and has founded 4 businesses. After guiding several companies through medical product development, she just launched her program “Invention Idea to Profitable Product” to help thousands more.
Click to tweet: Fire Nation, Meghan shares her incredible journey on EOFire today!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:14] – There’s always a need out there
- 02:19 – Value Bomb Drop: Focus and do market research. Spend time defining your product requirements
- [04:10] – Before showing people you can boil the ocean, boil a cup of water first
- 05:10 – What is something you’ve changed your mind about in the last 6 months? Getting into first class. A colleague gave some advice: Try to get in first class as much as you can when you’re flying
- [05:40] – You should always talk to people on planes
- [06:09] – Always be looking to add value to other peoples’ lives
- 08:38 – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: I helped someone start a company a few years back and I was overly optimistic. I worked with this guy building a $2.5M biz, but had nothing formalized. It ended up not working out
- [11:08] – You can make things happen
- 12:14 – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: When I first started, I was the big connector. After a while, I realized I should become the resource
- 13:53 – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? Spending time meeting peoples’ needs with a system
- [14:13] – Meghan’s system and program that gets people from bootstrapping to knowing whether the idea is business worthy
- [14:57] – Beta version of Invention Idea to Profitable Product available for Fire Nation
- [15:05] – There are 10 slots FOR FREE
- [15:15] – Once the program is refined, persons with slots can go through it again for FREE!
- 15:17 – If you’re listening, go to Imua Services to sign-up
- [15:43] – Text the word Invention to 44222
- [15:52] – The first five to send an email to Meghan right after signing up get a signed Freedom Journal!
- [18:10] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – The confidence to lead the charge
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – Not everyone you meet will respect you right away
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – Setting and accomplishing goals with The Freedom Journal
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Infusionsoft
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – Put a Shark in Your Tank (coming out this winter!) & The Purpose Driven Life
- [21:21] – Find out what your purpose is and always go after that
- 21:32 – Connect with Meghan on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook or on her website
3 Key Points:
- An entrepreneur’s scope of work is always going to change.
- Look at adding value in other peoples’ lives.
- Make any partnership or business relationship formal.
- Infusionsoft – Meghan’s small business resource
- The Purpose Driven Life – Meghan’s Top Business Book
- Audible – Get a 30–day free trial of fantastic audiobooks!
- Imua Services – Meghan’s website
- Connect with Meghan on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook or on her website
- The Freedom Journal – Set & Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
- Skills on Fire – Get quick and powerful tutorials on Snapchat, Instagram and Facebook Live!
- MVMT Watches: Classic design, quality construction and styled minimalism. Get 15% off plus free shipping and free returns at MVMTWatches.com/fire!
1) The Freedom Journal: Accomplish your #1 goal in 100-days!
2) The Mastery Journal: Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3) Free Podcast Course: A 15-day course that will share how to create, grow, and monetize YOUR Podcast!
4) The Webinar Course: A 10-day course that will share how to create and present Webinars that convert!