Andy appears consistently on CNN, FOX News, and ABC’s Good Morning America. He is the author of more than 25 books, including the New York Times Bestsellers The Noticer and The Traveler’s Gift. He works as a consultant to many of the Fortune 500 companies in addition to entire communities who have hired him to create a starting point for long-term success.
Click to tweet: Fire Nation, Andy shares his incredible journey on EOFire today!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:10] – Andy is a dad, husband and a friend
- [01:55] – Results are a passion of Andy’s
- [02:20] – Andy impacted JLD’s entrepreneurial journey
- [04:36] – Andy is a “noticer”
- [04:51] – Things take him on a parallel track
- [06:08] – There’s a difference between raising great kids and great adults
- [06:44] – People seldom actually determine their potential
- [08:19] – People are allowing their methods to determine their destination
- [09:12] – Value Bomb Drop: Have a mindset shift
- [11:16] – Work on your imagination
- [12:49] – Examine and expand your imagination
- 13:20 – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Getting The Traveler’s Gift published and getting turned down
- [15:46] – Andy stayed determined thanks to his spouse
- [17:22] – Go for “different”
- [19:11] – You might be asking the wrong question
- [20:03] – The quality of your answers will be determined by the quality of your questions
- [20:33] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – My thinking
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – You have been created with a will that is stronger than your emotions. No matter how you feel you can choose how you act
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – Waking up early
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Leaddigits and Google
- Text AAFIRE to 33444 to get a copy of a mission statement action plan for personal mission statements OR go to www.andyandrews.com/fire
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – The War of Art – little snippets of Pressfield’s view on “resistance”
- 27:33 – Andy’s podcast
- 31:34 – Connect with Andy on his website
- [31:57] – Things can be true and not be true at the same time
3 Key Points:
- Great kids don’t always become great adults—there’s a difference to raising each.
- Work, examine, and expand your imagination.
- You can’t always believe what you think.
- Leaddigits and Google – Andy’s small business resource
- The War of Art – Andy’s top business book
- The Noticer and The Traveler’s Gift – Andy’s books
- Audible – Get a 30–day free trial of fantastic audiobooks!
- In the Loop – Andy’s podcast
- Andy’s website
- Get a copy of a mission statement action plan for personal mission statements here
- Skills on Fire – Get quick and powerful tutorials on Snapchat, Instagram and Facebook Live!
- DesignCrowd: Post your design project on DesignCrowd today and get a special $100 VIP offer! Visit DesignCrowd.com/fire and enter the discount code FIRE when posting your project!
1) The Freedom Journal: Accomplish your #1 goal in 100-days!
2) The Mastery Journal: Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3) Free Podcast Course: A 15-day course that will share how to create, grow, and monetize YOUR Podcast!
4) The Webinar Course: A 10-day course that will share how to create and present Webinars that convert!