In this episode I answer four questions from YOU, Fire Nation, to help you take your business to the next level. Wondering what step to take next? Looking for feedback on a project or idea you have? I’m here for you! Be sure to follow me on Facebook because that’s where I post to let you know when I’m recording my Q&A sessions!
Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
EOFire.com/about – Learn more about Jimmy, JLD’s avatar
The Daily Refresh – JLD’s new daily podcast
3 Value Bombs
1) Stop looking at the vanity numbers; engagement is the key!
2) Know who your avatar is, as in an individual — dive deep!
3) A key to staying motivated is to do what you LOVE.
DesignCrowd: If you’re not much of a designer, but are looking for ideas for your next logo, websites design or even your new business cards, then DesignCrowd can help! Visit DesignCrowd.com/fire for a special one $100 VIP offer for Fire Nation!
Grasshopper: Keep your business running on all cylinders regardless of whether you’re in your office, in your car, out running errands, or at your kid’s soccer game with Grasshopper: the entrepreneur’s phone system! Visit grasshopper.com/fire to get $20 off your first month!
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
[00:09] – This is our 2nd Q&A episode, Fire Nation! Thanks for tuning in! Today, we’re going to be hearing from another 3 Fire Nation faithfuls who all called in with amazing questions.
Question 1: What numbers are most important?
[01:42] – Angela is from New Vineyard, Maine – same state JLD grew up in!
[02:42] – Angela’s Question: What numbers are most important to you. For example, do you care most about downloads, email list subscribers, Twitter followers, Facebook page likes…?
[03:09] – JLD answers Angela’s question and talks about “Vanity Numbers”
- The biggest thing for JLD is Engagement. Tune in to hear his take, plus how engagement has helped him grow Entrepreneurs On Fire
- HOW to focus in engagement…
[06:13] – Angela hosts a children’s story podcast that airs twice a week. JLD encourages her to reach out and connect with previous Entrepreneurs On Fire guest, Eevi Jones, who teaches people how to write children’s books
Question 2: Request for feedback on his podcast idea, Confessions of a Burnt Out Marketer
[09:26] – Trivia: Dave actually gave JLD the wrong Skype ID! Whoops!
[10:12] – Dave left Corporate America last October to work on building his own digital agency
[10:39] – Dave is starting a podcast, Confessions of a Burnt Out Marketer, and looks forward to JLD’s critique. His background is in high-growth SaaS companies and eCommerce platforms. His podcast will focus on the experiences his guest has had over the years, plus the best practices they’ve used to become successul
[12:46] – JLD thinks that Dave has a vague ideal listener. Tune in to hear JLD hold Dave’s feet to the fire!
- John’s BIGGEST tip: Know who your avatar is – as in an individual
- Remember to dive deep!
Question 3: How do you keep your team going in the same direction when there are so many distractions?
[21:08] – Question from Roger: How do you keep the team going in the same direction when there are so many different things that they can do?
- Roger talks about what kind of team he currently has
[22:02] – JLD has a team of 10 – including employees and contractors – and shares some of his own tips and strategies for getting everyone to work together
- JLD’s advice: Take it one week at a time!
Question 4: How do you stay motivated and schedule your day?
[24:12] – JLD welcomes Karen!
[28:01] – Karen actually met JLD in person at Thrive Conference in Las Vegas!
[28:19] – Karen has a follow up question from Thrive Conference
- How do you stay motivated and how do you schedule your day?
[28:58] – JLD answers her question by reminding us that this is a marathon, NOT a sprint
- JLD talks about the BIGGEST component to staying in the game. Don’t miss this, Fire Nation – a huge value bomb is being dropped!
[35:32] – Karen throws in 3 follow-up questions. Tune in to hear what Karen fires back!
[39:05] – Tedious things are ones that JLD delegates to his VA’s
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!