In this episode I answer four questions from YOU, Fire Nation, to help you take your business to the next level. Wondering what step to take next? Looking for feedback on a project or idea you have? I’m here for you! Be sure to follow me on Facebook because that’s where I post to let you know when I’m recording my Q&A sessions!
Subscribe to EOFire
- Free Training: 3 hours to YOUR BIG IDEA! Follow JLD’s step-by-step system and in just 3 hours you’ll discover YOUR BIG IDEA!
- EOFire.com/about – Learn more about Jimmy, JLD’s avatar
- The Daily Refresh – JLD’s new daily podcast
3 Key Points:
- Stop looking at the vanity numbers; engagement is the key!
- Know who your avatar is, as in an individual — dive deep!
- A key to staying motivated is to do what you LOVE.
- DesignCrowd: If you’re not much of a designer, but are looking for ideas for your next logo, websites design or even your new business cards, then DesignCrowd can help! Visit DesignCrowd.com/fire for a special one $100 VIP offer for Fire Nation!
- Grasshopper: Keep your business running on all cylinders regardless of whether you’re in your office, in your car, out running errands, or at your kid’s soccer game with Grasshopper: the entrepreneur’s phone system! Visit grasshopper.com/fire to get $20 off your first month!
- Udemy: THE largest marketplace for online learning! Improve your life through learning; download the Udemy app to learn anytime, anywhere or visit Ude.my/fire today!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [00:09] – This is our 2nd Q&A episode, Fire Nation! Thanks for tuning in! Today, we’re going to be hearing from another 3 Fire Nation faithfuls who all called in with amazing questions.
- 00:23 – JLD posted on his Facebook profile a while back with a call to action: anyone who wanted to ask a question could drop their Skype ID in the comments!
- Question 1: What numbers are most important?
- 00:47 – Question from Angela
- [01:42] – Angela is from New Vineyard, Maine – same state JLD grew up in!
- [02:42] – Angela’s Question: What numbers are most important to you. For example, do you care most about downloads, email list subscribers, Twitter followers, Facebook page likes…?
- [03:09] – JLD answers Angela’s question and talks about “Vanity Numbers”
- The biggest thing for JLD is Engagement. Tune in to hear his take, plus how engagement has helped him grow Entrepreneurs On Fire
- HOW to focus in engagement…
- 06:13 – Angela hosts a children’s story podcast that airs twice a week. JLD encourages her to reach out and connect with previous Entrepreneurs On Fire guest, Eevi Jones, who teaches people how to write children’s books
- Question 2: Request for feedback on his podcast idea, Confessions of a Burnt Out Marketer
- 09:02 – Dave Scott from St. Paul, MN
- [09:26] – Trivia: Dave actually gave JLD the wrong Skype ID! Whoops!
- [10:12] – Dave left Corporate America last October to work on building his own digital agency
- [10:39] – Dave is starting a podcast, Confessions of a Burnt Out Marketer, and looks forward to JLD’s critique. His background is in high-growth SaaS companies and eCommerce platforms. His podcast will focus on the experiences his guest has had over the years, plus the best practices they’ve used to become successul
- [12:46] – JLD thinks that Dave has a vague ideal listener. Tune in to hear JLD hold Dave’s feet to the fire!
- John’s BIGGEST tip: Know who your avatar is – as in an individual
- Remember to dive deep!
- 14:59 – Check out EOFire.com/about to meet Jimmy, JLD’s avatar
- Question 3: How do you keep your team going in the same direction when there are so many distractions?
- 20:00 – Skype call with Roger begins!
- 20:57 – Roger is a financial adviser and has a podcast called the Retirement Answer Man
- [21:08] – Question from Roger: How do you keep the team going in the same direction when there are so many different things that they can do?
- Roger talks about what kind of team he currently has
- [22:02] – JLD has a team of 10 – including employees and contractors – and shares some of his own tips and strategies for getting everyone to work together
- JLD’s advice: Take it one week at a time!
- Question 4: How do you stay motivated and schedule your day?
- [24:12] – JLD welcomes Karen!
- [28:01] – Karen actually met JLD in person at Thrive Conference in Las Vegas!
- [28:19] – Karen has a follow up question from Thrive Conference
- How do you stay motivated and how do you schedule your day?
- [28:58] – JLD answers her question by reminding us that this is a marathon, NOT a sprint
- JLD talks about the BIGGEST component to staying in the game. Don’t miss this, Fire Nation – a huge value bomb is being dropped!
- 31:16 – JLD talks about his own lazy days, his upcoming 60-day trip with Kate this Fall, and his daily routines – including his new daily podcast, The Daily Refresh
- [35:32] – Karen throws in 3 follow-up questions. Tune in to hear what Karen fires back!
- [39:05] – Tedious things are ones that JLD delegates to his VA’s
- 40:29 – Thanks for tuning in! If you have any comments, suggestions, or feedback, shoot me an email at email@example.com!
- 40:50 – If you think your morning routine could improve, don’t forget to tune in to our new daily podcast, The Daily Refresh!
1) The Freedom Journal: Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
2) The Mastery Journal: Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3) Free Goals Course: Accomplish a meaningful goal!