Alex French is the Co-founder and CEO of Get Bizzy Inc. He and his best friend founded the company while working corporate jobs and training for a 24-hour obstacle race.
Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
Calm – Alex’s small business resource
Never Eat Alone – Alex’s Top Business Book
Get Bizzy Inc – Alex’s website
Connect with Alex on Instagram
How To Finally Win – Learn how to create your dream life one step at a time!
The Freedom Journal – Set & Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
3 Value Bombs
1) Being the first in an industry is an edge.
2) Ask people for referrals, especially when dealing with third party businesses.
3) Remember to validate your ideas before investing.
DesignCrowd: If you’re not much of a designer, but are looking for ideas for your next logo, websites design or even your new business cards, then DesignCrowd can help! Visit DesignCrowd.com/fire for a special one $100 VIP offer for Fire Nation!
DaVinci – DaVinci meeting rooms start at just $10/hour, and when you book your space now at DaVinciMeeting.com/fire the first hour is on them! Terms and conditions apply, for details see . Where are you holding YOUR next meeting?
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
[01:13] – Alex is the Bizzy guy
[01:32] – He runs a startup and is training for a triathlon
[01:48] – His area of expertise is in getting to #1 in Amazon in the cold brew coffee category
[02:19] – Share something we don’t know about your area of expertise that as Entrepreneurs, we probably should: Get Bizzy used the keyword approach in Google planner to rank without formal training. They optimized for organic SEO and found out the search terms for cold brew coffee grew 300% per year – and there was not a single person selling it on Amazon
[03:37] – Alex has seen a lot of competitors come and go in this category
[05:11] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Beginning of 2017: Alex had raised a small round of capital and started selling a multi-serve version of the cold brew concentrate. The problem — he realized a huge consumer need for a single-serve shot version. They did the first production with a contract manufacturer on a Tuesday. On Friday, the truck from the manufacturer was going to pick up the products and sent an extra $50K bill to Alex saying if they didn’t pay, they wouldn’t release the items. Alex had to setup his own production facility in 18 days to hit their timeline for their product’s national launch
[06:57] – JLD recommends bringing everything in-house when the business is capable
[07:18] – Get as many references as possible before contracting with third party companies
[09:04] – “The cheapest way can sometimes lead to disaster”
[09:22] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: Alex and his business partner, Andrew, were making cold brew coffee one morning while they were training for a 24-hour obstacle race. It was a total hassle and they thought, there has to be an easier way.
[10:35] – Validation is an important step before jumping into a business
[12:51] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? “We just had a massive breakthrough and landed our first national account”
[15:54] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “Access to capital”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “Living in a wealthy neighborhood and being surrounded by successful people”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “I exercise every day”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Calm
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – Never Eat Alone – “it taught me the power of having dinner parties and hosting social events”
[18:34] – “If you have an idea, write it down”
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!