Amy Schmittauer is the Vlog Boss. As a new media triple threat —YouTuber, Keynote Speaker and Author— she coaches people to go after what they want in life and leverage online video to make it happen. Creator of the popular YouTube series Savvy Sexy Social. Now, in her first book, Vlog Like a Boss: How to Kill It Online with Video Blogging, she shares her collection of strategies and tactics to help you create video that gets the attention you deserve.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Vlog Like a Boss – Amy’s website
- Funnel on Fire – An 8-day course on how to create a funnel that converts!
- The Freedom Journal – Set & Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
3 Key Points:
- Choose the right video format according to the social media platform you’re using—one size does NOT fit all.
- Create a plan for your videos to help you create that consistency.
- We all have insecurities; but, remember, you have a message to share that supersedes those fears and doubts.
- DesignCrowd: Post your design project on DesignCrowd today and get a special $100 VIP offer! Visit DesignCrowd.com/fire and enter the discount code FIRE when posting your project!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [00:18] – Funnel on Fire – Turn your funnels on fire!
- [01:07] – Amy is in Columbus, Ohio and has recently gotten engaged
- [01:48] – Amy’s specialty is in getting attention with videos
- [01:54] – Amy’s first video was a bridesmaid video that people were very affected by
- [02:37] – Amy teaches people about how to get into video blogging and where they need to post their videos via her YouTube channel
- [03:25] – “Every single format of video is different”
- [04:23] – Your video will stand out depending on where it is posted
- [05:19] – People need to address their fears before they make videos
- [06:23] – The key when looking at the camera is to look at it like it’s one person
- [07:21] – JLD first met Amy at Tropical Think Tank and thought she was consistent in all her video content
- [08:09] – It is important to have a plan for your program
- [08:45] – Amy uses the words savvy, social and sexy as a guide for her programs
- [09:18] – It is important to force yourself to have ideas
- [09:45] – The consistency comes with time management and having a plan
- [09:53] – JLD has been approached by listeners who told him they do not know what he looks like
- [10:30] – People have insecurities, but know you have an important message to share
- [11:43] – For Amy, YouTube is not dead and is still a very good option in terms of search engines
- [13:12] – JLD shares his strategy for different social media platforms
- [14:18] – On YouTube, the first 24-48 hours is the most critical
- [14:38] – After 24 hours, Amy shares a blog about the video
- [14:55] – On Facebook, Amy will share a photo of the video and link it to the YouTube video
- [15:28] – Only after 48 hours will Amy upload a video on Facebook
- [15:36] – Life casting is better for Facebook than talking head
- [15:59] – Amy is not using Snapchat and prefers Instagram Stories
- [16:27] – Amy picks the most beautiful moment, uploads it as a photo and does behind-the-scenes work in Instagram Stories
- [16:49] – Twitter is Amy’s favorite platform because this is where she can interact with her viewers
- [17:42] – Use the kind of video that makes sense for each individual social network
- [18:28] – In Instagram, do not post videos that will bore viewers because the engagement will suffer
- [19:03] – Amy challenges JLD’s repurposing strategy
- [20:24] – Amy wrote the book because she wanted the ability to give people her comprehensive guide
- [21:27] – Why should Fire Nation check out Vlog Like a Boss? – “Take ownership over what you are doing and spread the message the best way we all know how”
- [22:15] – Buy the book at the Vlog Like a Boss and take advantage of the bonuses! It’s also available on Amazon
- [22:37] – JLD tells listeners to give Amy a 5-star rating on Amazon
- [22:55] – The Mastery Journal and The Freedom Journal have 200 5-star reviews on Amazon
- [23:43] – The book also has an audio version
- [24:08] – “Go after what you want and vlog like a boss because you deserve the attention that you create for yourself!”
- [24:16] – Visit Amy’s website
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!