Anthony Morrison is one of the top Internet Marketers who’s been featured on CNN, Fox News and hundreds of other media outlets. Over 1,000,000 people have purchased his books on how to build your own online business and live your life as a successful entrepreneur.
Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
ClickFunnels – Anthony’s small business resource
You Call the Shots – Anthony’s Top Business Book
The Freedom Journal – Set & Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
EOFire – Check out JLD’s 5 FREE courses for you!
3 Value Bombs
1) Your email marketing should have a process – be sure to test all emails before broadcasting to your list.
2) Don’t focus on the things you cannot control. Instead, focus on the ones you can.
3) No success happens overnight.
SmartBiz Loans: The most trusted place to apply for the SBA loan you need to grow your business. Visit SmartBizLoans.com to see what you prequalify for! And don’t forget to use promo code FIRE for $500 off your closing costs. Loans have a variable rate of Prime Rate plus 1.5% to 3.75%.
OK State: The Oklahoma State Master’s in Entrepreneurship program is ideal for someone who wants to increase their career mobility or start their own business! To learn more text the word moreinfo to 77453.
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
[00:59] – Anthony is happily married
[01:21] – He loves Internet Marketing and building businesses
[01:55] – His area of expertise is in email marketing
[02:45] – Share something we don’t know about your area of expertise that as Entrepreneurs, we probably should: It is important to test your emails and have a process to follow before sending it
[03:19] – Anthony tests every single email to accounts like yahoo, gmail, and aol
[03:51] – They’ve increased their revenue from email marketing by 60%
[04:57] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Anthony’s worst moment was when he first started his business. His father was a real estate investor who retired to enjoy the fruits of his labor. He invested his money and life savings in WorldCom on a Friday and, by Monday, he lost everything. It was terrible for Anthony to watch his dad go through this, so he started a business instead of pursuing his dream to become a doctor
[07:16] – His dad started to work with Anthony on his business
[08:36] – The most important thing Anthony learned is to not be afraid of what could happen and just focus on what he can do
[09:14] – “Being a little naive is good”
[10:00] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: When Anthony started his first business, he realized he wanted to fulfill a need for people. He began to market credit cards online and he worked with several banks. When he got his first million, he started teaching his college roommate how he did it. When he went to college, Anthony decided he wanted to share what he knew with others
[12:12] – This experience started Anthony’s information marketing business
[13:19] – Success will not happen on your first try
[13:30] – “Be willing to never give up”
[14:48] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? “The opportunity that lies ahead”
[18:05] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “Time”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “To have friends and partners that are smarter than me”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “My notepad”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – ClickFunnels
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – You Call the Shots – “it’s a great mindset book”
[22:34] – If you want to be an entrepreneur, stay focused on the foundation of your business
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!