Athena Yap started Jackboy’s Dog Bakery in 2007. Before that? She worked as an Aerospace Engineer for over 15 years. When her passion for doggie treats took over, Athena quit her job to focus on Jackboy’s Dog Bakery full-time – and look where she is now!
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- “It is a story about entrepreneurship, and risk, and hard work, and knowing where you want to go and being willing to do what it takes to get there. And it’s a story about believing in your idea even when maybe some other folks don’t, and about sticking to your guns.” – Sam Walton click to tweet!
- Athena shares her incredible journey from quitting a high-paying and secure job as an aerospace engineer to launching an Entrepreneurial venture with little else but passion and determination. It proved to be the only two ingredients she needed!
Entrepreneurial AHA Moment
- Athena’s AHA moment came when she realized that Jackboy’s had veered off the course she had originally set for it. This moment got her back on track, and she hasn’t veered off since!
- Jackboy’s Dog Bakery is rocking and rolling, and Athena shares with us the hottest thing in the doggie treat world in 2013! I also tell a little story about my dog… Sir Diego (pictured!)
Small Business Resource
- Elance: Access over 2 million skilled freelancers from around the world. Find rated web developers, mobile programmers, designers, writers, translators, etc.
Best Business Book
- Pour Your Heart Into It by Howard Schultz
- Ting: Partnership link for an instant $25 savings! Ting: A mobile phone service that brings clarity, usability, & significant monthly savings to you!
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!