Bernt Ullmann is arguably the world’s leading expert in celebrity brand development, brand management, licensing & distribution, and monetization. He has contributed to the successful launches of brands for clients including Jennifer Lopez, Adam Levine, Nicki Minaj, and many others. The brands he has worked with have generated over $6 billion in global sales.
Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
BerntUllman.com – Bernt’s website
7 Steps To Creating Wealth Through Brand Equity – Bernt’s Gift for Fire Nation!
1) If you create a great solution to somebody’s legitimate problem, and you know how to help them solve that, you can go directly to them. There’s no barrier in place.
2) Your brand is what distinguishes you from your competitor.
3) They may forget what you say. They may even forget what you do. They will never ever forget how you make them feel.
Billy Gene is Marketing: My friend Billy Gene has a completely free training that will teach you exactly how to use paid ads to get more customers in any niche. Visit WatchBillysVideo.com to access his free training today!
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: 7 Steps To Creating Wealth Through Brand Equity with Bernt Ullmann
[00:00] – Bernt shares something about himself that most people don’t know.
[02:00] – Tune in to hear how LL Cool J hijacked $30 million!
- LL Cool J became a clothes ambassador for Fubu and Gap.
- LL Cool J was asked to wear the clothing brand on his videos – that’s how they gathered their leads.
[06:19] – The big takeaway from LL Cool J’s influencer status? JLD and Bernt chat about it – tune in to hear their thoughts!
[07:56] – Tune in to hear Bernt’s story about spending 2 days in Jennifer Lopez’ closet!
- Brand DNA is the essence of what makes your brand unique.
- At the end of the day, strong brands – they all have to be authentic, credible, and aspirational.
[10:29] – The most memorable moment of being in Jennifer Lopez’ closet.
- How adorable Jennifer is.
- What a lot of these folks have in common is that they have an uncanny vision. They have a dream. They have this objective for themselves and they are unrelenting and uncompromising in delivering their personal brand.
[12:07] – The moment that made Bernt say “Wow! That’s J Lo!”
- When you come in with historic data, the reality is, it’s kind of a little bit like driving a car looking in the rear view mirror. You go forward, but you are looking in the rear view mirror, and that’s not a good idea.
- What stood out the most? It would have been easy for Jennifer to defer.
[14:48] – Bernt’s parting piece of guidance…
- Bernt tells a story about what Russell Simmons created by sticking to his brand message
[16:48] – Tune in to hear Bertn’s story about how the game Hang Man is related to the success of the iconic fashion brand, Tommy Hilfiger.
- Putting the Tommy Hilfiger brand next to big names like Calvin Klein established Tommy Hilfiger as a leading brand before it had even launched.
[22:03] – The takeaway from this case study of Tommy Hilfiger…
- Innovation is in almost everything we do. It drives and fuels almost every entrepreneur.
- What Tommy did was he bought a little extra trust by placing himself in the company of already established and trusted brands.
[24:10] – What was it like to be part of negotiating and closing the largest celebrity brand deal in HISTORY!?
- Tune in to hear the details :)
[29:40] – Why does Bernt think that brands in today’s marketplace must have a presence on social media?
[33:31] – JLD shares a story about his experience with social media.
- Gatekeepers aren’t dead in all situations, but they are on life support.
- If you create a great solution to somebody’s legitimate problem, and you know how to help them solve that, you can go directly to them. There’s no barrier in place.
[35:41] – Bernt gives a couple of examples of people who are doing things right on social media.
- Bethenny Frankel — she has undertaken the singular largest private relief mission in HISTORY.
[40:11] – What Bernt thinks Fire Nation should be focusing on and why…
- The power of Brand Equity is the trust that you build with your brand.
- Powerful brands are emotive brands, and emotions really matter.
- If you don’t have brand equity, what are you really left to compete with? If there’s nothing unique, if there’s nothing that sets you and your service apart, what are you left to compete with? The answer is price. And you will find yourself in a race to the bottom with that.
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!