Brad Spencer is the Executive Director For The Brilliance Network, a business consultancy that focuses on scaling and growing small to medium businesses. He’s worked online since 2008 and shares some simple processes on how to structure your business and generate sales through low-cost marketing.
Subscribe to EOFire
Apple | Google | Spotify | Stitcher | iHeart
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- LegalZoom wants to help you start your business right. Visit LegalZoom.com, where you’ll find award-winning services developed by some of the best legal minds in the country, and enter FIRE in the referral box at checkout.
- eVoice: The business phone system of choice for entrepreneurs. Make more money and grow your business with eVoice. Use offer code FIRE for $5 off every month FOREVER!
- “Success is your duty, obligation and responsibility.” – Grant Cardone click to tweet!
- Brad shares his experience in the restaurant business. Very powerful lessons learned for Entrepreneurs!
Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment
- Brad’s AH-HA moment was moving. If applied, EVERY Entrepreneur will see immediate results!
1. Spend some money on a basic high-speed Internet line ($20)
2. Use Free Google Hangouts to record myself talking on camera about various scaling and joint venture systems we use (free to record + host on Youtube)
3. Pick up basic LeadPages.net account for $37/mo and set up a squeeze page + thank you page for them to consume content from point #2 ($40)
4. Pick up a basic get response account and write a 4-5 sequence high-quality content email campaign that encourages people to schedule a consulting session with me($15)
5. Set up a Time Trade Account (Free 30 Day Trial to Professional plan with unlimited appointments). I’d use this to set up 20-30 min consults to sell a $3,000 consulting package to teach people highly leveraged growth strategies based on their industry (focused mostly toward info product creators since that is easiest content for me to create in the 7 day block). ($0 since it’s a trial)
6. Set up some targeted FB ads using celebrities/brands/public figures in the business development market (Tim Ferriss, Michael Gerber, Ryan Deiss-type folks) ($350)
7. Close various clients and schedule their consulting sessions with minor deliverables to be created in Days 5-7.
8. Reinvest 50% of proceeds from my consulting back into FB ads to scale up the operation to where I have to say, “Dang I’m busy… I’ve gotta figure out a better way to do this.”
Overall: Day 1- Get infrastructure to sell (Lead Pages, Getresponse, Hosting, Basic High Speed Net)
Day 2- Layout and Record Google Hangout Recording so that it looks professional, but also has a personal element (I purposefully use Hangouts instead of a Webinar or Powerpoint presentation to personalize this)
Set Up Basic Facebook Ads + Wait For Approval
Day 3-4 Write Followup Sequence + Start Calls
Day 5-7- Schedule Consulting + Create Deliverables/Templates
Small Business Resource
- Trello: Infinitely flexible. Incredibly easy to use. Great mobile apps. It’s free. Trello keeps track of everything, from the big picture to the minute details.
Best Business Books
- The 10X Rule by Grant Cardone
- How Rich People Think by Steve Siebold
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!