Brian Johnson, Founder + CEO of Heroic, recently made crowdfunding history and is building a social training platform that will change the world.
Optimize – Get access to 600 philosopher’s notes!
Heroic.us – Sign up today to become a Founding Member of Heroic and get your first year for only $35! (That’s 50% off!)
3 Value Bombs
1) Express the best version of yourself.
2) Live with virtue – not once in a while, but right at this moment.
3) First thing’s first. Second thing is not at all.
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: Becoming A Hero: How To Transform Into The Best Version of Yourself
[1:16] – Brian shares something that he believes about becoming successful that most people disagree with.
- People don’t think about the ‘ultimate game’. The ultimate game is to be the best, most heroic version of yourself.
[2:19] – You’ve had a fascinating career. You spent 12 years as a CEO and 13 as a Philosopher… most recently, you just made crowdfunding history with your new company, Heroic. Break down this journey for us!
[3:19] – You’ve read over 600 philosophy and personal development books. I know the value bombs are endless, but if you could only share one lesson learned, what would it be?
- Express the best version of yourself.
- If you are capable of doing something and there is a gap between that and what you are actually doing in that given moment, then it’s in that gap where regret, anxiety, and depression exist.
- Close the gap, be the best version of yourself, and you will succeed.
[5:04] – Within those 600 books, what is a common theme?
- Live with virtue – not once in a while, but right at this moment.
[6:07] – What was the AH-HA moment that made you decide to create Heroic?
- Brian was a CEO for 12 years, and spent another 13 years as a philosopher. Election night 2020, he woke up in the middle of the night and checked to see won the election. He then realized that we can all do better. And in that moment his business, Heroic, was created.
[10:44] – What is the goal of 51 | 2051?
- The goal of 51 | 2051 is from a positive psychology movement. It centers around the idea that we can help create a world in which 51% of the population is flourishing by the year 2051.
- Research said that if you write down your goals, then you will likely achieve them.
[12:28] – That seems pretty crazy – having over 2,500 investors from 75 countries… how do you personally honor that commitment?
- It is a sacred commitment. Brian wrote a sacred vow that he recommits to every single morning to honor his investor’s investments.
- Brian also reads notes from investors about why they invested in Heroic to keep himself motivated
- Science says that if you want purpose in your work, the fastest way to create it is to make a connection between what you do and the people you serve.
[17:30] – Brian’s key take away and call to action.
- Brian comments that John’s ferocious commitment is really inspiring. It is easier to produce when you are clear on what you want to happen.
- Optimize – Get access to 600 philosopher’s notes!
- Heroic.us – Sign up today to become a Founding Member of Heroic and get your first year for only $35! (That’s 50% off!)
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!