Chase is a designer, educator and entrepreneur. Through his work at Fizzle.co he helps thousands of entrepreneurs build their thing and make progress week after week. He lives in Portland, Oregon with a (very) lovely wife and a (very) energetic 5-year-old son.
Click to tweet: Fire Nation, Chase shares his incredible journey on EntrepreneurOnFire today!
The 10 Archetypes of an Entrepreneur
1. The Teacher
- The Teacher researches specific topics, tactics, and strategies to help their customers solve specific problems.
- Rather than delivering them through freelancing or traditional books, the teacher uses digital products like ebooks, courses, and membership sites.
- Examples of teachers include Marie Forleo, Nathan Barry.
2. The Thought Leader
- The Thought Leader focuses on spreading ideas and sharing new research through public speaking and books.
- You can find them on the public speaking circuit or in a local bookstore for a book tour.
- Examples include Josh Shipp, Brene Brown, James Clear and Josh Kaufman.
3. The Mediapreneur
- The Mediapreneur can take many forms, including podcaster, newsletter curator, or food blogger.
- What ties them all together is their source of income from affiliate marketing, advertising, donations and sponsorships.
- Examples of mediapreneurs include Pat Flynn, John Lee Dumas, David Siteman Garland, Brain Pickings.
- The audience is the product.
4. The Freelancer
- The Freelancer uses their skills to help others build their businesses.
- Common freelancing skills include web design, web development, social media, photography, copywriting, and business consulting. Sometimes freelancers will team up with other freelancers to form an agency or firm.
- Examples of freelancers include Paul Jarvis, Amy Porterfield, and John Jantsch.
5. The Coach
- The Coach unlocks the potential of individuals.
- They use the tools of listening, questioning, and guiding to help their clients reach their goals.
- This differs from the freelancer in that they exclusively work with individual clients.
- Examples of coaches include Jenny Blake, Natalie Sisson, Jerry Colonna and Peter Shallard.
6. The Artist
- The Artist is a purist who loves the art for what it means to them.
- However, they recognize the need to make a living, so they choose to sell their paintings, photography, or sculptures directly to their customers.
- Examples of artists include Hugh MacLeod, Austin Kleon and Death to the Stock Photo.
7. The Maker
- The Maker is a craftswoman/man. They makes jewelry in their workshop. They make furniture in their wood shop. They create monogrammed linens in their spare bedroom. They use ecommerce platforms to sell their wares directly to customers.
- The Maker differs from the artist in that they makes functional products rather than art.
- Examples of makers include Lamon Luther, StudioNeat and Andreea Ayers.
8. The Curator (Marketer)
- The Curator (Marketer) is much like The Maker. However, rather than making and selling their own goods, The Curator (Marketer) buys and sells goods from other makers through storytelling and ecommerce.
- Examples of curators (marketers) include Need Edition and Kaufmann Mercantile.
9. The Engineer
- The Engineer uses their technical skills to build tools for others.
- They focus on solving problems through technology.
- Examples include Studiopress, Buffer, ConvertKit and Gumroad.
10. The Retailer
- The Retailer is an entrepreneur who has been around the block and sees an opportunity to lead their industry into the digital age.
- They are a Real Estate Agent, coffee shop owner, or Insurance Broker who sees the power of the web to grow their business.
- Examples of these are a little bit harder to find. Chase’s wife’s Portland Real Estate Team is one we mention.
- Digital Marketer: Generate more leads and sales online – download DigitalMarketer.com’s Ultimate Digital Marketing Toolbox at digitalmarketer.com/fire.
- Zip Recruiter: With Zip Recruiter you can post to fifty plus job sites, including social networks like LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter, all with a single click. Post a job free at ZipRecruiter.com/fire
1) The Freedom Journal: Accomplish your #1 goal in 100-days!
2)The Mastery Journal: Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3) Funnel On Fire: Create a funnel that converts!