After graduating from Harvard College and the Stanford Graduate School of Business, Claire began her career at Bain & Company before joining Capterra as their new General Manager.
Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
Capterra: Helping you find the best software solutions for your business!
3 Value Bombs
1) Be ridiculously helpful!
2) Think about investing in software the same way you think about hiring: make sure you know exactly why you’re investing in that software and what your desired outcomes are.
3) Everybody finds the process of searching for software overwhelming. Remember: you’re not alone, and you can learn a ton from other peoples’ experiences. Ask for help!
ZipRecruiter: Successful businesses rely on quality people. But finding quality people can be tough. That’s why I love ZipRecruiter! Its powerful technology scans thousands of resumes to identify people with the right skills and experience, and then actively invites them to apply for your job! That means you get quality candidates fast. And right now you can try ZipRecruiter for free! Visit ZipRecruiter.com/fire. ZipRecruiter. The smartest way to hire!
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Masterclass is all about tech that will set your business on FIRE with Claire Alexander of Capterra!
[1:35]: Claire shares something about herself that most people don’t know
[2:30]: Claire breaks down what exactly Capterra does
- Capterra takes the stress out of finding the right software for your business – so important! Your time is worth A LOT, Fire Nation!
[4:40]: John asks Claire why she joined Capterra amidst all the other opportunities she had available
[5:30]: Claire shares the core values at Capterra and how important they are for her – and for the business as a whole
[6:00]: Claire talks a bit about the revenue model at Capterra
[7:00]: Be ridiculously helpful! Claire and John both break down the importance of these 3 words
[7:55]: Today’s masterclass is going to be all about the tech that will set your business on FIRE!
[8:25]: Overview of today’s masterclass
- Why digital marketing is so important for acquiring customers
- Why budgeting for data security technology is important
- How to use cloud computing to bring big power to your small business
- Why finance and accounting software is a must have
[9:15] Why is Digital Marketing so important for acquiring customers?
- [10:00]: If you’re not digital – and are trying to connect with your customers through digital channels – it’s going to be really hard to grow
- [11:05]: Claire shares an example of how someone has used Capterra to accomplish this in their business – gold!
- [16:45]: Make sure you’re looking at recent reviews so you know you’re getting the most up-to-date feedback from real users
[18:00]: Why budgeting for data security technology is important
- [18:30]: Claire breaks down why you have to care about this point – regardless of the size of your business
- [19:20]: There are people out there who, unfortunately, just think attacking others is fun – and it can cost you thousands, or even your business…
- [20:45]: Claire shares a real-life example of her sister’s experience with her restaurant
- [22:23]: First steps for learning what data security options are right for you: Claire provides a few recommendations for Fire Nation
27:40: A timeout to thank our sponsor, ZipRecruiter!
[29:48]: How to use cloud computing to bring big power to your small business
- [30:00]: You don’t have to be a big company to take advantage of this!
- [32:30]: Peace of mind is huge! Platforms that allow us to keep an eye on our systems and processes are priceless when it comes to staying on top of stuff.
- Pheasant – Claire’s sister’s restaurant in Brooklyn – visit the restaurant (Claire guarantees your tastebuds will not be disappointed!), and let them know you heard about the restaurant from Claire on Entrepreneurs On Fire! They’ll throw in a free dessert… yummmm :)
Why finance and accounting software is a must have
- [36:40]: It’s not about how much money you make… it’s about how much money you keep
- [37:00]: Keeping track of money is time consuming, which makes it a perfect thing to track with software!
- [38:10]: There are entire software solutions that can do all of your accounting for you and help free up time so you can focus on the things you love – and Capterra can help you find that perfect software solution!
- [40:00]: Think about investing in software the same way you think about hiring. Make sure you know exactly why you’re investing in that software and what your desired outcomes are before making your decision.
- [42:10]: Be choosey! This is YOUR decision, so make sure you’re making an informed one!
[42:40]: Be ridiculously helpful!
- …like Capterra :)
[43:00]: Claire’s parting piece of guidance
- [43:15]: If you’re looking for software, then Capterra is a great place to start your search!
- [43:27]: Everybody finds the process of searching for software overwhelming. Remember: you’re not alone, and you can learn a ton from other peoples’ experiences. Ask for help!
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!