Clay Clark is the former U.S. SBA Entrepreneur of the Year, founder of 6 multi-million dollar companies, Forbes Contributor, author of 13 books & host of 6-times iTunes chart-topping podcast.
TheBestSeoBook.com – Check out Clay’s eBook for Search Engine Domination!
3 Value Bombs
1) Most people have allowed the process of optimizing their website to become over complicated.
2) “Whatever you do, do it well; do it so well that when people see you do it they will want to come back and see you do it again and again and again…”
3) Understand the urgency of the situation.
The Marketing Secrets Podcast: My buddy Russell Brunson – founder of ClickFunnels – is on a mission to help get entrepreneurs unstuck so they can get back to changing the world! Check out his podcast at MarketingSecrets.com!
Thinkific: THE best platform to create, market, and sell your online courses, and right now you can sign up for 1 month free on the Thinkific Pro plan, PLUS leverage over $1,000 worth of training bonuses FREE!
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: The Steps to Business Success with Clay Clark.
[1:19]– Clay shares something about himself that most people don’t know.
- Clay has 30 chickens, 14 cats, and 40 fire extinguishers.
[1:48] – Clay shares some new projects he’s been working on
- Clay launched a membership-based men’s grooming lounge chain called Elephant in the Room
- He released a new book, Search Engine Domination, and it is selling well in Amazon.
- He and wife bought 39 acres
[2:56] – Clay started his first multi-million dollar company, DJConnection.com, at the age of 18. What does he attribute his early success to?
- He turned his bitterness to “betterness” ; his uncle taught him work ethic and the art of the grind.
[5:31] – Search Engine Domination: how does one dominate search, and where do most people get it wrong?
- Most people have allowed the process of optimizing their website to become over complicated
[8:08] – Why should all of Fire Nation be thinking about optimizing their website?
- Optimizing your website will help you grow your business; you just have to take the steps.
[10:26] – Clay shares a general overview of how to optimize a website.
- Build it on WordPress.
- Get the Godaddy grow package or a fast hosting service.
- Optimize your title tag.
- 1000 words of content per page.
- Make sure your website has https encryption so it cannot be hacked easily.
- Commit to a regimen.
- Gather at least 1 Google review, 1 video review on YouTube, and 1 page of content per day.
- Be relevant and do press releases.
[23:50] – What drives Clay to achieve success?
- He keeps a picture of his father in the studio when he does his podcasts.
- When you have financial abundance you can give more and you can be more.
- When he works with his clients it seems he is seeing a hologram of his father right next to them saying “Teach me. I just want to know what to do”.
[29:32]- Clay walks through how to organize the first 4 hours of your day
- He wakes up at 3 am; gets to the office at approximately 4 am; works out for 30 minutes; meta- planning for 30 minutes, and he attends meeting at 6am.
- There is no someday. Design your life.
- Learn the rhythm of being an entrepreneur.
- Define what you think is going to work.
- Act as if you have limited time.
- Measure and track data.
[34:13] – On Clay’s podcast, Thrivetime Show, he talks about “no-brainers”. What is a no-brainer?
- A “no-brainer” is a hot deal.
- Elephant in the Room: $1 haircut.
- If people like it, they will bring in more people.
[37:15] – Clay wants you to write down the quote below by Walt Disney.
- “Whatever you do, do it well, do it so well that when people see you do it they will want to come back and see you do it again and again and again, and they would want to bring others and show them how well you do what you do.”
[39:00] – Clay’s parting piece of guidance
- Understand the urgency of the situation.
- You, too, can earn financial freedom.
- Leave a review for the Entrepreneurs On Fire podcast, take a screenshot and send it to [email protected], and Clay’s team will do a free 30 minute assessment with you!
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!