Clay is a frequent EOFire guest, former United States Small Business Administration Entrepreneur of the Year Award Winner, author, a master of scale, and business growth coach. Stephanie is a long-time EOFire listener who Clay has helped to grow her business by 1,462%!
Thrive Time Show – Schedule your free 13-point assessment with Clay!
Thrive Time Show Conferences – Attend one of Clay’s conferences!
Thrive Time Show Free Resources – Download ALL of Clay’s books – for free!
Serene Clean – Check out Stephanie’s business, Serene Clean!
3 Value Bombs
1) The quality of the team you have is the quality of the dream you get to live.
2) Act. Measure. Refine.
3) You have to simultaneously learn and apply. Be hopeful, yet realistic. Dream while measuring.
Headspace: This year, it’s time to invest in yourself and finally relieve your ongoing stress, anxiety and sleeplessness. However you’re feeling, try Headspace at Headspace.com/fire and get one month free of their entire mindfulness library!
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: Breaking Down the 1,462% Growth of Stephanie Pipkin.
[2:15] – How did Stephanie first hear about Clay Clark’s business growth coaching?
- Right here on EOFire! She was listening to an episode about SEO and website optimization. She ordered his SEO book and has been in the race with him ever since.
[4:07] – Stephanie shares a bit of her personal background.
- She’s from rural Western Wisconsin. Her business is centered around commercial and residential cleaning.
- Check out Stephanie’s business at Serene-Clean.com.
[6:21] – A goal is a dream with a deadline. Clay talks about the first of 8 steps he and Stephanie took to grow her business.
- Go to ThriveTimeShow.com/eofire and check out people’s testimonies, which 5% of them are listeners to EOFire!
- Fill out the form first so you can find out if you are an actual fit for the program.
[8:31] – If you give someone a present, and you give it to them in a Tiffanys box, they’ll believe that the gift has a higher perceived value than if you gave it to them with no box or a box of less prestige. Clay breaks down the second step.
- Ask yourself if your business is looking good, or looking hood.
- If you look at the website, and the website doesn’t look good, that’s a problem.
- Stephanie has been over-delivering, and her happy clients have become a part of the branding.
- Now she has testimonials, Google reviews, and her online reputation is next level.
- Everything in her core branding suite was done in less than 90 days.
[14:31] – Clay takes us through step 3.
- Start with the tools you have. It’s about being resourceful – it’s not about the resources.
- Dominate the search engine. When people find you online, what they’ll see are people whom you’ve worked with.
- She only had to spend around $30 for every lead she generated – on average.
- If you could generate leads for $30, and you are cash flow positive, that’s called a scaleable business.
- One of the testimonials at Thrive Time Show which is for PMHOKC.com – that business went from $50k a month to $1.3 mil a month! You can only do that with a scaleable turnkey marketing system.
[19:51] – The Napoleon Hill story.
- Clay reached out to Jim Stovall, a blind man who became a multi-millionaire after going blind. He was the pole bearer at Napoleon Hill’s funeral.
- Napoleon Hill was a non-successful writer struggling with his marriage and business. It wasn’t until he discovered the proven path that he began having massive success.
- Clay named his daughter Aubrey Napoleon Hill.
[22:39] – Making checklists.
- Checklists allow you to have repeatable success.
- Once you’ve nailed down the experience and you’ve come up with what a perfect client looks like, you have to make a checklist, otherwise, your team will always fall to the lowest level of preparation.
[24:05] – Budgeting is telling your money where to go instead of wondering where it went.
- Gross revenue is gross.
- Most people have no idea how much they’re paying in taxes and where the money is going.
- Defense is accounting and legal, offense is marketing, branding, sales, and vision. if you don’t play some defense, no matter how many points you score, you’re not going to win the game.
- Measure what you treasure.
[33:02] – No one lives long enough to learn everything they need to learn starting from scratch.
- In Brian Tracy’s seminar, Clay discovered that he did not know how to lead a team.
- The culture we live in today, it is very difficult for many people to hire, inspire, train, and retain quality employees.
- The quality of the team you have is the quality of the dream you get to live.
[39:21] – “Vision without execution is hallucination” — Thomas Edison “Only the paranoid survive” — Andy Grove
- Act. Measure. Refine.
- Just because we know what works, doesn’t mean we have to be dead to all new ideas.
- You have to simultaneously learn and apply. Be hopeful, yet realistic. Dream while measuring.
[45:44] – The importance of the month-to-month option, and how Stephanie’s experience was working with the team.
- Working with ThriveTime changed her life in every single way. Not only from a money standpoint, but also from a freedom standpoint.
- If you’re just running your life into the ground making your business happen, it’s not a fun way to live.
[48:54] – Clay takes us home.
- 96% of businesses fail within 10 years.
- Money allows you to be more of who you already are.
- Decide right now if you’re serious about having success.
- Thrive Time Show – Schedule your free 13-point assessment with Clay!
- Thrive Time Show Conferences – Attend one of Clay’s conferences!
- Thrive Time Show Free Resources – Download ALL of Clay’s books – for free!
- Serene Clean – Check out Stephanie’s business, Serene Clean!
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!