Colin is a professional golfer turned successful Entrepreneur who now runs the company Plan2Profit with his father Paul Morgan. He is an expert at teaching Entrepreneurs how to start their own businesses successfully.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Udemy – Colin’s small business resource
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People – Colin’s Top Business Book
- Plan2Profit – Colin’s website
- Connect with Colin on Plan2ProfitGroup.com/fire
- EOFire – Check out JLD’s 5 FREE courses for you!
- The Freedom Journal – Set & Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
3 Key Points:
- Don’t always go after the money.
- Learn to take responsibility.
- You are not the only person in the world who’s going through something.
- Billy Gene: Join Billy Gene on his free training where he’s going to show you the same process he’s used working with some of the world’s largest franchises to get ROI on Facebook ads. Claim your spot today at INeedThisTraining.com!
- DesignCrowd: Post your design project on DesignCrowd today and get a special $100 VIP offer! Visit DesignCrowd.com/fire and enter the discount code FIRE when posting your project!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:10] – Colin is 26 years old and comes from Pelham, Ontario in Canada
- [01:23] – He’s an uncle of 4
- [01:34] – His entrepreneurial journey was a difficult one, and he got lost in life for a couple of years
- [02:44] – Helping people take what they love to do and make it their business is Colin’s area of expertise
- [02:57] – Share something we don’t know about your area of expertise that as Entrepreneurs, we probably should: An idea is different from a concept
- [03:51] – The difference is that a person with a fully developed concept has a clear picture in mind of what they want
- [04:31] – Colin teaches aspiring entrepreneurs how to develop their concepts so they can move forward
- [05:03] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: A couple of years back, Colin was easily influenced by people. He and his brother looked into opening a car dealership. Colin was instantly hooked, and in 3 months he learned everything he could from 9am to 4pm (all while he had a full-time hotel manager position from 5pm to 2am every day). He got to a point where he was ready to shell out his savings and dive into the business—and then his brother pulled out
- [06:15] – Colin was crushed
- [06:52] – Put the money aside and figure out what you really want to do
- [07:30] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: After the car dealership fail, Colin experienced several more failures in ventures he started. He took time to reflect on what happened, and he realized he was just after the money. When he understood he can’t always rely on other people – and that he had to take control of his future – it gave him a boost in his self-development and self-education
- [09:03] – Improve your skills
- [09:14] – Focus on what you want
- [09:45] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? “The soon-to-be-launch of the Plan2Profit podcast, which is going to be called The Daily Grind. Number 2 is the newly developed mastery program that we’re putting together”
- 10:39 – Check out Plan2ProfitGroup.com/fire to learn more!
- [11:03] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “My fear of what others would say if I failed”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “Why NOT you?”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “I always take time to look at what I have to do and I schedule out my day”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Udemy
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People – “this book is just there to help you create habits in your personal life”
- 13:12 – Connect with Colin on Plan2ProfitGroup.com/fire
- [13:53] – “Know that there are people out there going through what you’re going through”
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!