Curtis Ray is an Arizona native, married with 5 Children, Collegiate Wrestler at ASU, Best Selling Author- “Everyone Ends Up Poor”, Inventor of the Financial Strategy MPI, and a Business Owner with Revenues of $75mm.
SunCorFinancial – Curtis’ website
Everyone Ends Up Poor – Get Curtis’ book, Everyone Ends Up Poor!: Why Financial Planning Is All Backwards And How To Fix It
3 Value Bombs
1) We focus too much on getting home runs, growing, and scaling our business without considering the risks that are in our business.
2) Money does not buy happiness, but it does buy freedom.
3) The most important decision we make has nothing to do with how much money we make, but how efficient we are with the money we make.
TransUnion ShareAble for Hires: Enables immediate access to employment screening tools that deliver reports in minutes! Start your on-demand screening at Shareable.com/fire and use code ONFIRE50 at checkout to save 50% on your first screening!
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: Pay Yourself First with Curtis Ray
[01:21] – Curtis shares something interesting about himself that most people don’t know.
- He has never eaten a hotdog in his whole life.
- He once lost $2 million in a single day.
- We focus too much on getting home runs, growing, and scaling our business without considering the risks that are in our business.
[03:19] – Freedom is the pinnacle to happiness. How do we achieve it?
- Money does not buy happiness, but it does buy freedom.
- There’s a big distinction between how you make money, how you keep it, grow it, and all the different things that come with money.
- There’s a quote that says, “Money is plentiful to those who understand the simple laws which govern its acquisition.”
[04:45] – What does Curtis mean by “paying yourself first”?
- When you pay yourself first, it’s when you make a decision where your future self thanks you for it.
[07:28] – Curtis tells a story of something that happened to him back in 2014.
- Be in business to make sure that your future self is protected.
[10:49] – The lie about money.
- Almost everything we’ve been taught about money, security, wealth, and freedom that we try to accomplish in our lives is backwards.
[12:21] – Curtis talks about how we should understand money.
- The first thing we’re taught to do when we make money from our business is to reinvest it in our business. Next is to pay debts, then start buying stuff, start having recreation, and finally, we pay ourselves.
- The rules of money require us to think about our future right now.
[13:37] – How is compounding key to your long-term success?
- Linear mindset is for immediate gratification.
- Linear functions win in the first 5-10 years.
- Investing compound interest from year 10 to year 30 will outperform all the other traditional investment that we do by 300% – 500%.
[17:11] – What are the four principles of money that are going to maximize exponential growth in our lives?
- First, pay yourself. It is the first law of wealth.
- Second, understand positive and negative compound interest.
- Third, protect your money at all cost. Losing is catastrophic to your freedom, your wealth, and everything that you want to do in your business.
- Fourth, securely leverage other people’s money.
- 99% of Americans retire on low, fixed income, never feeling the freedom that we’re trying to accomplish.
- If you don’t accomplish the exponential growth curve, your money will never produce that freedom.
[24:49] – What are some secure ways to leverage money?
- Curtis and his brother created a system based on the failures in achieving the exponential growth curve from different industries.
- The definition of exponential growth is when the rate becomes more rapid all the time.
[29:05] – Curtis talks about a giant company that doesn’t believe a guy in Arizona can create a system that can outperform theirs.
- The secret was he did not care about his rate of return in his early years – he cared for his rate of return in his later years.
- It doesn’t matter how much money you make, it’s about how efficient you are with it.
[32:00] – Curtis talks about his second book that he is writing, and also his system.
- The title of the second book is “Everyone Ends Up Rich”.
- It’s about a formula that Albert Einstein gave in 1940. If you follow this blueprint, you will find the financial freedom you’re looking for.
- Life insurance has tax and legal protection like nothing else.
[37:33] – Curtis parting piece of guidance
- The most important decision we make is doesn’t have to do with how much money we make, but how efficient we are with it.
- Paying yourself first, and understanding laws that govern wealth, are the most important decisions you can make.
- Put yourself first so you will be the first person to benefit from your hard work.
- Poverty will cease to exist once society understands exponential growth.
- Everyone Ends Up Poor – Get Curtis’ book, Everyone Ends Up Poor!: Why Financial Planning Is All Backwards And How To Fix It
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!