Coach Dana is the former Director of Strength & Conditioning and Performance for the New York Yankees. He led the team to a World Championship in 2009. That same year he was awarded the Nolan Ryan Award given to the top Strength & Performance Coach in Major League Baseball as voted by his peers. Coach Dana is also the author of his new book, Habits of a Champion: Nobody Becomes a Champion By Accident.
Habits Of A Champion – Check out Dana’s book, Habits of a Champion!
3 Value Bombs
1) If somebody does not respect your time, then they do not respect you.
2) Failure is a part of the success process.
3) Commit to your direction and to where it is that you want to go.
Think Like an Expert Challenge: Join us for our first ever 5-day challenge. Feel confident, attract the best customers, and make serious bank! Claim your spot today – party starts Feb 19th! EOFire.com/challenge
Start From Zero: My buddy Dane just launched a podcast where you can listen to people who are beginners in entrepreneurship get mentored into starting an actual business. Tune in at StartFromZero.com/fire!
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: Habits of a Champion with Dana Cavalea
[1:28]– Dana shares something about himself that most people don’t know.
- He turned his passion for art, design, and creation into becoming a children’s book author.
[2:34] – What inspired Dana to write the book Habits of a Champion?
- As a coach he always read, listened to, and attended conferences, and he would watch and study what the great players he worked with would say, how they go about their business, and what they do.
- He would read books about personal development and leadership, too, and he saw a disconnect between what he was reading and what he was seeing on a day to day basis.
- He decided to write a book that is more practical: a guide you can use to navigate sports, leadership, and business.
[4:14] – How does an “Athlete Mentality” play a role in the world of business?
- Athletes are focused on details, income-producing activities, and methods. They knew what they needed to do in order to make their body work and perform at optimum levels, and they are doing the same thing with business.
- If somebody does not respect your time, then they do not respect you. You need to respect your time; respect yourself.
[10:20] – What were some of the habits Dana saw amongst the best of the best that the average players did not possess?
- Never get too high, and never get too low.
- Do not get too emotional.
- It is a good discipline to find the balance.
[15:50] -When speaking to companies and coaching entrepreneurs, what is the first thing you arm them with so they can improve their performance in business?
- It is important to trust thyself; do not look externally for internal validation.
[17:07] – Dana shares a consistent thing he sees companies, businesses, and entrepreneurs missing out on
- Most of them are focused on what their people are not doing.
[18:48] – What is the true value coaching has on somebody as a person, as well as a business pro?
- The goal of a coach is to help hold you accountable, keep you disciplined, and give you positive feedback.
- A coach will push you through the process, and if you do not have a process, they can help create and define one that is right for you.
[19:52] – Dana shares the reasons why he decided to write Habits of a Champion
- For you to have a day to day reference to help you navigate certain situations.
- For you to know that failure is a part of the success process.
- For you to understand the rules of your game and focus on where you want to go.
[12:01] – Where can Fire Nation find the Habits of a Champion?
- Grab your own copy today on Amazon!
[21:30] – Dana’s parting piece of guidance
- Be an Influencer, not just somebody that is influenced. Commit to your direction and to where it is that you want to go.
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!