Daniel is a freedom fighter, jiu-jitsu lover, burrito enthusiast, entrepreneur and on this rare occasion, author of the brand new classic book Rich20Something — available at stores worldwide May 2, 2017.
Click to tweet: Fire Nation, Daniel shares his incredible journey on EOFire today!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:36] – Everything Daniel has done and is currently doing started with him getting fed up with his restaurant job
- [02:01] – Understand that there’s a possibility to have success
- 02:10 – Daniel was on Episode 1008 of EOFire
- 02:30 – Today, JLD and Daniel will talk about Rich 20 Something
- [03:07] – Daniel’s area of expertise is in networking and connecting with people
- [04:03] – One BIG and Unique Value Bomb: When Daniel came to LA in 2013, he only knew 1 person. He asked his friend if he could connect him with other people. As Daniel thought about his life, he realized he hadn’t done much BY HIMSELF, so he cultivated his ability to network
- 05:39 – JLD shares that his first chain came from his mentor, Jaime Masters
- [06:54] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: When Daniel’s grandmother died in 2016, it set him on a spiral in terms of being depressed
- [07:21] – Daniel realized that in entrepreneurship, nobody talks about personal things
- [07:52] – People need to see that their heroes and idols are still human
- [08:23] – Daniel’s systems he had in place saved him
- [09:34] – JLD shares how Gary V talks about startup founders who commit suicide
- [10:38] – “We have to talk about the good AND the bad”
- [11:32] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: Daniel turned 28 last year and he felt like a “takeover CEO”. He came to the realization that the company was pretty much straddled
- [13:05] – Daniel killed a number of projects
- [13:25] – The return was that they got more for doing less
- [14:44] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? “I’ve got a book coming out!”
- [14:55] – The book is chronological
- [15:54] – Rich 20 Something, as a brand, helps you get the biggest return for your buck
- [16:22] – The book helps you to get your life together, a lot sooner
- [16:39] – What JLD realized in his 30’s is that it’s easier to be rich than it is to become wealthy
- [17:17] – JLD suggests the next book Daniel writes should be Wealthy 30 Something
- [18:39] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “Fear of looking stupid”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “If it’s not an absolute yes, it’s an absolute no”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “Extremely early rising at [4:40]”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Clearbit
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – Scaling Up – “Verne does a really great job expounding upon what happens when you scale up”
- [20:30] – Don’t lose patience
- [21:00] – Sometimes you won’t immediately see results from the work you put in
- 22:28 – Connect with Daniel on Rich 20 Something
3 Key Points:
- Master the art of networking and connecting with people.
- Entrepreneurs, no matter how great they are, are still human.
- Niche down and focus on the true message that speaks to your business.
- Clearbit – Daniel’s small business resource
- Scaling Up – Daniel’s Top Business Book
- Audible – Get a 30–day free trial of fantastic audiobooks!
- Rich 20 Something – Daniel’s website
- Free Podcast Course – Learn to create, grow, and monetize your own podcast!
- How To Finally Win – Create your dream life one step at a time!
- Capterra: An easy-to-use website with over 400 categories of software to choose from! Visit Capterra.com/fire and find the software that will help you do what you do better.
- Alibaba: Check out Alibaba’s 2-day conference in Detroit called Gateway17 going down June 20th and 21st where you’ll learn how to capitalize on the fastest-growing consumer market in the world. Save up to 50% on your registration fee by visiting Gateway17.com and entering code FIRE!
1) The Freedom Journal: Accomplish your #1 goal in 100-days!
2) The Mastery Journal: Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3) Free Podcast Course: Create, grow, and monetize YOUR Podcast!