From the archive: This episode was originally recorded and published in 2019. Our interviews on Entrepreneurs On Fire are meant to be evergreen, and we do our best to confirm that all offers and URL’s in these archive episodes are still relevant.
Dan Lok is seen as one of the top business leaders by millions around the world. He is best known to be the King Of High-Ticket Sales™.
Closers On Fire – Join John Lee Dumas and Dan Lok As They Reveal The #1 Skill They’ve Used That Gave Them The Ultimate Life Of Freedom And Financial Success By Taking Advantage Of The “High-Ticket” Boom That’s Happening Right Now!
3 Value Bombs
1) If you cannot close, you’ll always struggle as an entrepreneur.
2) It’s okay as a closer to say no. It’s okay not to get the sale. Don’t close someone just because you want their quick commission.
3) The amazing thing as a high-ticket closer is you just made $10,000 and added $100,000 worth of value to your client.
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: How to make an extra $100K+ a year with your smartphone
[01:57] – Dan shares something interesting about himself that most people don’t know.
- He hates sales.
- Sales never felt right for him.
- The good old days where you could sell a low ticket product for like $10-$20, run ads, and still be profitable… those days are gone.
- The initial sales are not designed to make a profit. They are designed to build trust.
- When it comes to high ticket offers, it’s kind of difficult to sell those products or services through a video, website, or through an email. They need to be closed on the telephone or sometimes face to face.
- Anyone who invests in a high ticket program is committed. They are not just interested.
- The amazing thing as a high ticket closer is you just made $10,000 and added $100,000 worth of value to your client. What is your cost? You’re not creating a product, nor running a single ad, nor writing a blog post, nor making a video – because you’re not selling you. You are selling the influencer.
- There’s a big difference between a salesperson and a closer.
- High barriers equal low competition.
[12:07] – Dan gives a teaser of what him and JLD are going to dive into…
- The less you talk, the more you close.
- Never ever say ‘thank you’ to a prospect. You say ‘congratulations’ instead.
[16:45] – JLD and Dan will do a role play about launching a podcast.
- Being a podcaster, when you are interviewing or talking, sometimes you’ll feel like you’re talking to yourself because you’re talking to a microphone.
- The Podcasters’ Paradise community is always very supportive. You’ll be connecting with a lot of podcasters around the world whom you can ask questions.
- The closing call should not be a pleasant experience. No pain, no sale.
- Don’t look for an interested student. Look for a committed student, because they’re the ones who get results.
- Make sure that the prospect knows what they’re getting into and that they’re committed.
- It’s okay as a closer to say no. It’s okay not to get the sale. There’s always another sale and another appointment. But don’t close someone just because you want their quick commission. That sale is not going to stick, and you and your prospect are not going to be happy.
[37:23] – Dan’s parting piece of guidance
- The number 1 skill of an entrepreneur who is successful is the ability to close.
- Everything in life that you want—success, achievement, fulfillment, context, network, capital—someone already has those resources. What you need as an entrepreneur is to develop the ability to be able to communicate, add value, and close. If you cannot close, you’ll always struggle as an entrepreneur.
- When you have the ability to close, you will thrive and prosper.
- Closers On Fire – Join John Lee Dumas and Dan Lok As They Reveal The #1 Skill They’ve Used That Gave Them The Ultimate Life Of Freedom And Financial Success By Taking Advantage Of The “High-Ticket” Boom That’s Happening Right Now!
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!