David Siteman Garland is the creator of The Rise To The Top & Create Awesome Online Courses. David helps people turn their expertise & experience into a successful online course and dream business. He has over 5,000 students in over 100 countries who have created successful courses on everything from baby sleep training to clarinet lessons for adults!
How to Turn What You Already Know into a Successful Online Course in 2019 – Register for this FREE webinar going down Thur, June 27th at 2pm Eastern!
3 Value Bombs
1) You’re certainly not too late if you’re interested in online courses.
2) If people scare you, and you feel like you don’t want to help them, then online courses are probably not the best model for you.
3) A nightmare business model is one that leaves you unfulfilled, stressed out, does not give you any money, or makes you work so much that you don’t have time to go to the bathroom.
Pitney Bowes: With SendPro Online from Pitney Bowes you can compare rates from multiple carriers, print stamps and shipping labels, and track shipments all in one place. Visit PB.com/fire and get a free 30-day trial plus a free 10 pound scale to get started!
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: Why Online Courses Are A Dream Business Model
[00:29] – David shares something interesting about himself that most people don’t know.
- He’s obsessed with slow pitch softball. It’s one of his very passionate hobbies he loves.
[02:28] – How to Turn What You Already Know into a Successful Online Course in 2019 – Register for this FREE webinar going down Thur, June 27th at 2pm Eastern!
- Register at EOFire.com/course
[03:19] – The ideal person an online course is great for…
- The ideal person we see coming in to create a course falls into different categories.
- First is the expert, the coach, or the consultant.
- Second is the people that you’re working right now, that want to create a successful online business and want to do it the right way.
- Third, is the online influencer.
[06:10] – Who is an online course not for?
- Anything for anyone is for nobody.
- There are folks that an online course is not for. The first category is, people who don’t want to do the work.
- If people scare you, and you feel like you don’t want to help them, then online courses are probably not the best model for you.
[08:51] – Why are online courses such a dream business model?
- Dream business is the opposite of a nightmare business. A nightmare business model is one that leaves you unfulfilled, stressed out, does not give you any money, or makes you work so much that you don’t have time to go to the bathroom.
- It is a dream business because it generates a lot of revenue and has a high margin. Also, you are making a big impact on peoples’ lives. And finally, there’s freedom and flexibility – you’re setup for long-term success.
[14:41] – The first three of eight keys to a successful online course.
- You need a strong “why”.
- You need an idea for a course that gets people results.
- It’s one thing to have an idea… It’s another to know if it will sell.
[18:17] – The “will it sell” test
- It can eliminate about 98% of error just by creating a simple task.
[19:03] – Other keys to a successful online course…
- You need to have an email list of the right people you know you can trust to launch a successful online course.
- You need to know how to name, price, and position your course to be irresistible.
- You can either pre-sell your course, launch it, and then record it; or record your course first, then launch it. Either way, you can be successful.
- You’ll learn the 4 ways to launch a course in 2019. Then, you can decide which one is right for you, your situation, and your personality.
- You’ll also learn shortcuts to get your course launched faster!
[25:36] – The final step: the keys to a successful online course…
- You need to have a long-term strategy after your first launch.
[29:21] – David’s parting piece of guidance
- You’re certainly not too late if you’re interested in online courses!
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!