Originally from Costa Rica and Kansas, Desiree graduated from Yale. Prior to launching GiveForward, she worked as a specialist in collegiate entrepreneurship at the Kauffman Foundation and as an independent consultant for Arabella Philanthropic Investment Advisors. Desiree is passionate about philanthropy and the role that young and small-scale donors can have on our communities.
Click to tweet: Fire Nation, Desiree shares her incredible journey on EntrepreneurOnFire today!
- “Leap and The Net Will Appear.” – Zen leadership click to tweet!
- Desiree toiled for a full year at GiveForward.com and had an income of $6,000 to show for it. She realized a pivot was needed – more specifically, a focus. What GiveForward focused on next centered the company and the result was massive success.
Entrepreneurial AHA Moment
- Not just the poor are in need of financial assistance for medical issues.
- GiveForward is providing an incredible service to the community, and Desiree’s vision is that GiveForward will be the first thing people think of when disaster strikes.
Small Business Resource
- Posterous: Share Smarter
- Boomerang: A plugin for Firefox and Chrome that adds scheduled sending and the easiest, most integrated email reminders to Gmail.
- Rapportive: shows you everything about your contacts right inside your inbox.
Best Business Book
1) The Freedom Journal: Accomplish your #1 goal in 100-days!
2) Free Podcast Course: A 15-day course that will share how to create, grow, and monetize YOUR Podcast!
3) The Webinar Course: A 10-day course that will share how to create and present Webinars that convert!