Originally from Costa Rica and Kansas, Desiree Vargas Wrigley graduated from Yale. Prior to launching GiveForward, she worked as a specialist in collegiate entrepreneurship at the Kauffman Foundation and as an independent consultant for Arabella Philanthropic Investment Advisors. Desiree is passionate about philanthropy and the role that young and small-scale donors can have on our communities.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- “Leap and The Net Will Appear.” – Zen leadership click to tweet!
- Desiree toiled for a full year at GiveForward.com and had an income of $6,000 to show for it. She realized a pivot was needed – more specifically, a focus. What GiveForward focused on next centered the company and the result was massive success.
Entrepreneurial AHA Moment
- Not just the poor are in need of financial assistance for medical issues.
- GiveForward is providing an incredible service to the community, and Desiree’s vision is that GiveForward will be the first thing people think of when disaster strikes.
Small Business Resource
- Posterous: Share Smarter
- Boomerang: A plugin for Firefox and Chrome that adds scheduled sending and the easiest, most integrated email reminders to Gmail.
- Rapportive: shows you everything about your contacts right inside your inbox.
Best Business Book
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!