Douglas James, aka “The High-Ticket Client Guy”, is a former Navy Corpsman who has trained over 1,500 entrepreneurs to maximize their earning potential with his proven sales and marketing strategies.
The Douglas James – Learn more about Douglas and his business on his website!
Douglas James Marketing – Visit DouglasJamesMarketing.com to check out Douglas’ services
3 Value Bombs
1) If there’s something inside you where you know you need a change – where you demand more success for yourself – listen to that voice in your head. Listen to your intuition.
2) This crisis has given a big plus for entrepreneurs to make income in their home and turn passion into profit being able to help people from afar using the internet.
3) Small businesses are the life and blood of the country, but lots of them are being limited or restricted.
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: From Active Duty Navy to Internet Entrepreneur: How to Turn Your Passion into Profit
[1:22] – Douglas shares something interesting about himself that most people do not know.
- He used to be overweight as a kid, and it affected his self-confidence. He was raised in a household where eating Big Macs and going to Chinese buffets was part of the norm
[4:09] – How do these times of crisis change the outlook of entrepreneurship in general?
- People are starting to realize that they are stuck at home and can’t go out.
- This crisis has given a big plus for entrepreneurs to make income in their home and turn passion into profit being able to help people from afar using the internet.
[6:15] – Becoming a success is about identifying trends and capitalize on opportunities. How can we do that?
- Small businesses are the life and blood of the country, but lots of them are being limited or restricted.
- Right now, more than ever, small businesses need help getting customers.
- Within 5 years, 95% of small businesses may shut down simply because they don’t know how to use the internet to get new customers.
- Leverage online paid media to grow your business.
[8:36] – How can we leverage paid traffic specifically?
- People are searching for a solution to things in Google and YouTube.
- If you know how to get ads in front of people based on what they’re going to search, it could be a goldmine.
- Understanding where your customers are and how various platforms work allows you to leverage them to attract new customers to your business.
[10:53] – What should we be using for an advertising platform to grow our business?
- YouTube ads allow an opportunity to educate a person over video.
- With YouTube, you can create a higher buyer intent because people are going to YouTube wanting to watch video content.
- Based on a study on 2017, 80% of all online sales will come initially from a video by 2018.
[16:59] – Douglas’ thoughts on websites vs one-page landers.
- Your website is a digital business card. It’s a place for people to search and verify if you’re a legitimate business and find information about your business.
- One-page landers are nice, narrow, slippery slopes that get people to come to your business.
- Generating leads is the fastest way to grow your business and create engagement with your company.
[18:58] – How can one maintain consistency in media buying?
- Platforms like Google or Facebook want to know if you’re a legitimate business.
- The best thing you can do when you decided which platform you’re going to go with is to follow all the rules or the terms and conditions.
- Pay attention to the IP address that you’re located at.
- Get your business fully registered on the platform you’ve chosen.
- Start small and learn about your customer data.
[22:11] – What’s the best way to scale our advertisement budget?
- Grow your spending by 20% every other day until you get to where you want to go.
- Most successful campaigns on YouTube are capped out at $300 per day, while it’s more like $500 on Facebook.
[23:56] – Douglas’s thoughts on do-it-yourself vs outsourcing.
- Look at how involved you want to be in your business.
- Know if it’s worth the time and energy to learn and do things yourself or pay someone to do it for you.
[26:06] – Douglas’s takeaway and call to action for Fire Nation.
- If there’s something inside you where you know you need a change – where you demand more success for yourself – listen to that voice in your head. Listen to your intuition.
- Make sure that you make an impact and leave a legacy for your family.
- The Douglas James – Learn more about Douglas and his business on his website!
- Douglas James Marketing – Visit DouglasJamesMarketing.com to check out Douglas’ services
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!