Brian is an expert in the art of self promotion. He is the founder of JVZoo.com, one of the world’s largest affiliate networks, and teaches thousands of students how to grow an online following. He is also the author of the bestselling book Millionaire Within: Untold Stories from the Internet Underworld.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Fiverr – E. Brian’s small business resource
- How To Win Friends And Influence People – E. Brian’s top business book
- The Millionaire Within – E. Brian’s own book
- JVZoo – Learn the art of self-promotion
- Expert Fame – E. Brian’s bootcamp on becoming a recognised leader in your field
3 Key Points:
- Pay attention to detail. Set time aside regularly to keep the background machinery of your business running smoothly
- You’ll never please everyone. Set aside your fear of embarrassment, take risks, make mistakes – and you’ll learn what you need to grow your following.
- Surround yourself with fantastic people. Learn how to delegate to them effectively and work in a team. You’ll then be free to focus on what you do best.
- ActiveCampaign: See why thousands are upgrading to a more intelligent marketing solution. Sign up for a free 14 trial now — no credit card needed!
- DesignCrowd: Looking for a killer design for your new logo, business card or website? DesignCrowd can help! Enter discount code FIRE for a special VIP offer!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [02:02] – E. Brian’s generating revenue in multiple ways: JD Zoo is the main one
- [02:30] – Also works as a public speaker and author on Expert Fame
- [03:20] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Accidentally deleting all his web content after being hacked
- [07:05] – “You have to pay attention to detail”
- [07:40] – Take the time to step back and check all your background tools are running right
- [09:30] – “Back up everything”
- [10:30] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: “Call yourself what you want others to call you”
- [13:15] – Biggest weakness? – “I’m a gambler at heart – I’ll risk everything”
- [13:55] – E. Brian also had a lot of trouble delegating – “Overcoming that was a huge step”
- [14:18] – Biggest strength? – “I love being the centre of attention”
- [15:45] – A lot of entrepreneurs hate being in the spotlight
- [16:10] – Getting out there and networking is incredibly important
- [16:40] – What has Brian most fired up today? “Being on stage. Knowing I’m helping people”
- [16:50] – “What’s the worst that can happen?” Losing the fear of embarrassment is a big step
- [17:40] – Record yourself – and fix your mistakes
- [19:30] – Take action – get feedback – pivot
- [20:49] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “My years in the military – there’s not a lot of time to start a business”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “Surround yourself with people smarter than you”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “Always being curious”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Fiverr
- If you could recommend just one book for our listeners, what would it be and why? – How To Win Friends And Influence People
- [26:15] – Connect with Brian on Facebook, Twitter and at his blog
- [26:42] – “Find a list of interested people and sell them what they’re interested in”
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!