The Ed Mylett Show showcases the greatest peak-performers across all industries in one place, sharing their journey, knowledge and thought leadership.
The Power of One More – Pre-order Ed’s new book, The Ultimate Guide to Happiness and Success.
3 Value Bombs
1) You can change your life, and you are born to do something great with your life.
2) When you repeat something over and over again, it becomes habitual. When you’re under stress, your brain wants to conserve energy and goes into a fear state, and it performs your habit. Things become reflexive.
3) Your identity is the most powerful force in the world that’s going to govern your life. It’s like a thermostat on the wall. It sets the temperature of your life.
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: Feeling Stuck? Take This One Action with Ed Mylett
[1:16] – Ed shares something that he believes about becoming successful that most people disagree with.
- You’re a lot closer to the success, happiness, and dreams you have than you think. Most people lack depth perception.
- You’re one decision, one relationship, one meeting, one thought, one podcast, one emotion away from a completely different life. You’re much closer to shifting things than you think you are.
[3:40] – The reason so many people are overwhelmed when they try to achieve their personal life goals…
- You’re beginning to achieve desired results ahead of your identity.
- Your identity is the most powerful force in the world that’s going to govern your life. It’s like a thermostat on the wall. It sets the temperature of your life.
- Your identity is the thoughts, concepts, and beliefs that you hold to be most try about you. Overwhelm is B.S. The truth is you’re doing everything you can to sabotage your own success.
[5:56] – One single action can transform anybody who feels stuck.
- Ed’s dad was a heavy drinker. When his dad finally got sober, that “one more try” worked.
- When you think about quitting, just don’t quit for one more day.
- The difference between winning and losing in life is so small. It’s almost scary to talk about it.
[7:57] – The identity thermostat’s correlation with self confidence.
- Self confidence impacts your identity. It’s your relationship that you have with yourself.
- Self confidence is built easily. It’s an internal game. It’s the process of keeping the promises you make to you.
[12:18] – Asking the right single question as the key to advancing the quality of our lives.
- The quality of the questions legitimately determines the quality of your life.
[14:36] – Repetition produces results.
- When you repeat something over and over again, it becomes habitual. When you’re under stress, your brain wants to conserve energy and goes into a fear state, and it performs your habit. Things become reflexive.
[16:46] – The power of “one more.”
- What if you could filter the things that you really want – the relationship, money, clients, emotions, the person? You can do that with the power of “one more.”
- In your family, you can be “The One” that changes things forever financially, emotionally, spiritually – the whole ride can be changed by one person in one family.
[19:31] – Ed’s key takeaway and call to action for Fire Nation!
- The Power of One More – Pre-order Ed’s new book, The Ultimate Guide to Happiness and Success.
- You can change your life, and you are born to do something great with your life.
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!