Eric Partaker is a CEO of the Year, Top 30 Entrepreneurs in the UK, Formerly Skype, McKinsey, Serial Entrepreneur, Peak Performance Coach for CEOs and Entrepreneurs. Learn more about him, visit www.ericpartaker.com.
The 3 Alarms – Get a free Ebook version of Eric’s book! Discover a simple system to transform your health, wealth and relationships without sacrificing what matters most.
The ONE Thing – The Surprisingly Simple Truth Behind Extraordinary Results.
Eric’s YouTube – Subscribe to Eric’s channel.
Eric’s Instagram – Follow Eric on Instagram.
Eric’s Facebook – Like Eric on Facebook.
Eric’s LinkedIn – Connect with Eric on LinkedIn.
3 Value Bombs
1) Everyone can become extraordinary. You can close that gap between who you are and who you’re capable of being. It’s just a choice. There are lots of tools that can help close that gap.
2) We need to stop stressing ourselves out by trying to pursue a stress-free life. Reframe stress as something that improves us.
3) A tiny moment of awareness can create a moment to choose what is the optimal response and to ask yourself how the very best of you responds in that situation.
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: How 3 Simple Phone Alarms Changed My Health, Wealth, and Relationships
[1:03] – Eric shares something interesting about himself that most people do not know.
- Eric had an incident on a plane 10 years ago where he had a heart attack.
[5:07] – The 3 phone alarms that can change your health, wealth, and relationships.
- Take your phone and create alarms with labels reflecting what the best version of you looks like to power through the relevant segments of the day.
- Having that intentionality to go into that segment of the day means that you’re more likely to go and transform into that identity.
- Set alarms at the appropriate time of day to cue that identity and to close the gap between who you were and who you’re capable of being.
[11:30] – How do you design productivity into your day?
[12:43] – The first of the three simple routines to make your day productive — The Shutdown Routine.
- Recognize that a productive day doesn’t begin the day of; it actually begins the night before.
- Know what the top 3 things are that you’ll do tomorrow and where you’re going to do them.
[14:34] – The second simple routine — The importance of protecting your sleep.
- There’s a gene associated with being able to thrive at less than 8 hours of sleep. The chances of you getting that gene is equal to the chances of you being struck by lightning.
- Follow the “Digital Sunset” routine where you shut off all your electronics 1 hour before bedtime.
[16:59] – Third is how we start the day the next day.
- Start your day being creative rather than being reactive.
[19:43] – How do we add 13 weeks a year to our life, or a full decade over our entire career?
- Eric talks about “The One Thing” book by Gary Keller.
- What most people do when they think of multitasking is task switching.
- In task switching, when you switch back to the primary thing you’re working on, you don’t start back aat where you left off… That equates to a loss of about 28% of the average day.
[23:46] – Eric talks about single-tasking.
- By avoiding the constant task-switching, we can reclaim about 13 weeks a year!
[27:56] – What is the 80-20 principle and how should we use it as entrepreneurs?
- It’s about how we can look at 20% of things that we could be doing that can create 80% of our desired results.
- Build the 20% into your calendar that drives 80% of the results. Work on the true needle-moving stuff.
[32:00] – How can we become anti-fragile and better handle the unexpected?
- A fragile person is one who can’t take much of a beating.
- Anti-fragile is when you get stronger as you get hit more and more.
- Anti-fragility starts with reframing stress.
- Eric loves the Japanese Proverb, “Fall down 7 times, stand up 8.”
- Stop stressing yourself out by trying to pursue a stress-free life. Reframe stress as something that improves you.
[36:56] – Eric introduces a tool called “Creating Space” that allows us to benefit in stressful moments.
- Focus on creating space between stimulus and response.
- A tiny moment of awareness can create a moment to choose what is the optimal response and to ask yourself how the very best of you responds in that situation.
[38:21] – Eric’s takeaway and call to action for Fire Nation.
- Everyone can become extraordinary. You can close that gap between who you are and who you’re capable of being. It’s just a choice. There are lots of tools that can help to close that gap.
- The 3 Alarms – Get a free Ebook version of Eric’s book! Discover a simple system to transform your health, wealth and relationships without sacrificing what matters most.
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!