Gino Wickman has been an entrepreneur since age 21. He is the founder of EOS Worldwide, and author of Traction. He is also the founder and author of Entrepreneurial Leap, with a mission to help 1,000,000 entrepreneurs-in-the-making over the next 10 years.
Entrepreneurial Leap – Check out Gino’s new book and other free resources!
Entrepreneurial Leap on Amazon – Do You Have What it Takes to Become an Entrepreneur?
3 Value Bombs
1) Be a creative problem solver and be an optimist. See solutions instead of dwelling on problems.
2) You make decisions and are rebellious. You are willing to fail, but you do not intend to fail; you understand that failure is a part of the process.
3) In business, you are going to have 2 great years, 6 good years, and 2 terrible years. Be prepared and have at least 6 months of cash flow for your business and yourself.
Traffic Secrets Podcast: The strategies to attract your dream customers when you’re just starting out are exactly the same as when you own a multi-million dollar business. And these strategies are waiting for you on a new podcast mini- series: Traffic Secrets. TrafficSecretsPodcast.com
Thrivetime Show: Looking for a business coach who has helped thousands of entrepreneurs just like you to increase their profitability by an average of 104% per year? Schedule your free consultation today with Clay Clark at ThrivetimeShow.com/fire!
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: The Entrepreneurial Leap: Do You Have What It Takes To Become an Entrepreneur? with Gino Wickman
[1:11] – Gino shares something interesting about himself that most people do not know.
- Most people would think that he is an extrovert, but he is an introvert.
[2:44]- The 6 Essential Traits of an Entrepreneur:
- Visionary – You have lots of ideas, and can put things together.
- Passionate –You have a passion for your product, service, or the thing that you want to bring to the world.
- Problem Solver – You’re a creative problem solver and an optimist. You see solutions instead of dwelling on problems.
- Driven – You have a sense of urgency.
- Risk-taker – You make decisions and are rebellious. You are willing to fail, but you do not intend to fail; you understand that failure is a part of the process.
- Responsible – You blame no one, and you take full responsibility.
[8:15] – #3 Problem Solver
- As an entrepreneur, you constantly run into setbacks. Instead of waiting for the problem to go, you get fired up and are ready to solve the problem.
[10:36] – #5 Risk-Taker
- As an entrepreneur, the one risk you take is when you start your business and take that entrepreneurial leap.
[12:13] – What is an Entrepreneurial Range?
- You can picture the Entrepreneurial Range as an arc.
- On the far right side of the arc – True entrepreneur
- On the far left side of the arc – Self-Employed
- No matter where you are at in that range, you are taking a risk; if you have the 6 Essential Traits of an Entrepreneur, then you are unstoppable in being an entrepreneur.
[14:34] – Gino talks about The entrepreneur-in-the-making assessment.
- Entrepreneurial Leap – Go to the website, take your free assessment, and get your results!
- It will help you determine and decide if you are ready to take the Entrepreneurial Leap.
[19:13] – Gino shares a glimpse of what it looks like to be an entrepreneur.
- The 2nd part of the book, Entrepreneurial Leap, talks about a glimpse. It paints a vivid picture for an entrepreneur in the making.
- It helps you see in advance what the life of an entrepreneur looks like so you can make the right decision for yourself.
- You can also learn about a “Day In The Life Of An Entrepreneur”.
[20:04] – The 8 Critical Mistakes Entrepreneurs Make:
- Not having a vision
- Hiring the wrong people
- Not spending time with your people
- Not knowing who your customer is
- Not charging enough
- Not staying true to your core
- Not knowing your numbers
- Not crystalizing roles and responsibilities
[24:31] – #5 Not charging enough:
- Watch Casey Brown’s Ted Talk – know more and learn about pricing.
- Add 20%.
[26:56] – #7 Not knowing your numbers:
- 10-Year Business Cycle – In business you are going to have 2 great years, 6 good years, and 2 terrible years. Be prepared and have at least 6 months of cash flow for your business and yourself.
[29:20] – What is the path to becoming a successful entrepreneur?
- Gino created a path that will help you be prepared to find your passion, find a mentor, learn the 8 Disciplines for greatly increasing your odds of success, and the 9 Stages of growing your business.
- Once you take the Entrepreneurial Leap, the 6 Essential Traits will help you evolve.
[31:44] – Gino’s call action.
- Entrepreneurial Leap – Check out Gino’s new book and other free resources!
- Entrepreneurial Leap on Amazon – Do You Have What it Takes to Become an Entrepreneur?
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!