Giri Devanur is a serial tech entrepreneur who is looking to democratize the world of real estate investing through his latest project, reAlpha.
Apple | Google | Spotify | Stitcher | iHeart
Invest reAlpha – Build Your Portfolio with the Vacation Economy!
3 Value Bombs
1) 5 years from today, every aspect of a real estate transaction will have been touched by technology or completely altered by technology.
2) The short-term rental market space is a global phenomena. What started as a bed and breakfast by AirBNB has become massive. Technology is disrupting every angle of it.
3) Real estate is one of the largest industries in the world. The mixing of technology in that industry is creating a whole new wave of companies and startups that can come in and build a new platform.
HubSpot: Learn how to grow better by connecting your people, your customers, and your business at HubSpot.com!
Thinkific: Create more income, more freedom, more time, and make more of an impact on the world by creating an online course! Get started with Thinkific for free at Thinkific.com/eof!
LinkedIn Advertising: Scale your marketing and grow your business with LinkedIn Advertising! And right, LinkedIn is offering a $100 credit on your next campaign. Visit LinkedIn.com/onfire to claim your credit!
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: Democratizing the World of Real Estate Investing.
[1:16] – Giri shares something that he believes about becoming successful that most people disagree with.
- When such an opportunity or risk comes, most people will opt to know how he would handle it. We are all trained to think we are the most qualified person to handle the opportunity or the risk.
[3:30] – What is reAlpha?
- reAlpha’s purpose is to democratize short term rentals like AirBNB.
- The idea is to help people buy great investment opportunities in short-term rental markets.
[4:37] – What’s the disconnect between the existing technology in place and the real estate industry in general?
- The transactional detail of buying an asset, the technology is at least 15-20 years behind. The latest technology is not adapted yet.
- The entire lifecycle of a real estate transaction, from identifying, to buying, to selling – all the stages have an enormous amount of opportunity to bring in new technologies.
[7:03] – Why Giri chose the short-term rental market.
- The idea started when Giri was trying to figure out things during COVID.
- AirBNB is now operating in 220+ countries and regions. The more you dig in to it, the more you realize that it’s a $1.2 trillion market.
- The Pandemic caused behavioral changes, making people not want to stay in hotels. Families prefer to stay in a beautiful home instead of staying in a hotel
[10:02] – A timeout to thank our sponsors, HubSpot, Thinkific, and LinkedIn Advertising!
[12:26] – Regulation A+ funding.
- People who only had thousands of dollars were never given an opportunity. Investment opportunities are only available for high network individuals.
- The regulation allows small investors to participate in small companies.
[15:07] – Giri talks abound funding.
- The number of unique answers and innovations are increasing and opening a completely new way of investing.
- Real estate is one of the largest industries in the world. The mixing of technology in that industry is creating a whole new wave of companies and startups that can come in and build a new platform.
[17:26] – How does technology continue to change the real estate industry?
- Technology is disrupting real estate at various levels. We are able to bring in global analysts to look at individual properties using Google street view images.
- There are multiple ways that finance companies are now able to leverage analysis and underwriting processes
- 5 years from today, every aspect of a real estate transaction will have been touched by technology or completely altered by technology.
[20:44] – Giri’s key takeaway and call to action for Fire Nation!
- The short-term rental market space is a global phenomena. Technology is disrupting every angle of it.
- Reach out to Giri on social media!
- Invest reAlpha – Build Your Portfolio with the Vacation Economy!
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!