Grant is the Author of Break the System, and is best known as the online course guy. He works with experts and creators in various industries through his company, Monetize Your Expertise.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- eVoice: All the benefits of a professional phone system right on your cell phone! Visit eVoice.com for a 60 day free trial with promo code FIRE!
- Thrive15: Looking to start or grow your business? Find the answers to all of your business questions with a seven day free trial! Visit Thrive15.com, promo code FIRE.
Worst Entrepreneur Moment
- Grant’s driving purpose in life was to achieve X. Once he did, he felt empty and depressed. Looking back it’s pretty clear why… as Earl Nightingale’s great quote says, ‘Success and happiness is the gradual realization of a worthy ideal.’ As humans we thrive on goals, Fire Nation; always have that next one lined up!
Entrepreneur AH-HA Moment
- Grant’s AH-HA came while having a conversation on a beach in Thailand with a fellow Entrepreneur who PayPal’d him a pre-order for a course that came out of that very conversation. Talk about proof of concept!
Small Business Resource
- Asana: Keeps your team organized, connected, and focused on results. … Run your day, your team, and your company with Asana—from everywhere you work.
Best Business Book
- GIFT for Fire Nation! 24 tools to build your online course platform! Plus, schedule a call with Grant!
- Monetize Your Expertise – GrantWeherly.com
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!
Subscribe to EOFire!
Note: These are very extensive routines that involve quite a bit of time, but they work
really well for me for maintaining balance, focus, and motivation.
Upon waking (in my apartment):
1. JUMP out of bed and put on music – usually 8tracks.com or Hardwell
2. Drink 500 ml of water and prepare coffee with coconut oil
3. 5 minute posture exercise routine (with decompression breathing) –
4. Drink and prepare health shake for the day (combination of greens, healthy oils, raw
cacao, vegetable protein powders (allergic to whey), etc.)
5. One Headspace app exercise
6. 5 min journal app – https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/5-min-journal/id822934482?mt=8
Go to Office/Coffee Shop
In my first work place (1 more amazing hours):
1. Read my goals, and envision their completion for a couple minutes
2. Ask myself: 1) how can I 10-100x something (anything) in my life or business right
now? 2) What is my #1 priority for the day
3. Read, learn, or play around with anything I’d like 30 minutes (often my favorite part of
4. Write for 20 minutes http://www.inc.com/jessica-stillman/why-it-s-worth-making-time-
5. Go through to-do list, and delegate as much as possible (to my team, Fancyhands,
agencies I hire, etc.)
6. Quickly organize my personal work into 25 min pomodoros
4-6 Hours Core Work
Winding down from work:
1. Organize projects for next day (to hit the ground running upon waking)
2. Ask myself: how can I 10-100x something (anything) in my life or business right now?
3. Read my goals, and envision their completion for a couple minutes
4. Commit a random act of kindness (ex. positive email or message praising or helping
someone) – https://youtu.be/fLJsdqxnZb0
Winding down for sleep:
1. Check off coach.me habits on the app
2. One Headspace app exercise
3. 5 min journal app – https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/5-min-journal/id822934482?mt=8
Once per month – learning retreat
About one weekend per month I try to get away from wherever I live and work to a secluded
nature-centered location to read, reflect, learn, and reassess life. The inspiration for this
comes from Bill Gates’ annual “Think Week” http://lifehacker.com/5670380/the-power-of-
time-off however I find a monthly experience of a shorter duration more sustainable and
effective for myself.