Guy Kawasaki is the chief evangelist of Canva and the host of the Remarkable People podcast. He was the chief evangelist of Apple. He is the author of fifteen books.
Guy Kawasaki.com – Guy’s Website
3 Value Bombs
1) To win, you have to be the number 1 solution to a real problem in this world.
2) Find somebody currently where you want to be in about a year from now.
3) Being good is not enough; be remarkable.
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: The Dynamic Duo: JLD and Guy
[4:18] – Guy and John share their law school experience.
- Guy: He graduated from Stanford, went to law school, and quit after two weeks.
- John: Took a 4-month trip to India after telling his father that he left law school.
[8:31] – John talks about loving something and doing well – all while making a living out of it.
- John: To win, you have to be the number 1 solution to a real problem in this world.
- No one wants the second-best solution if they can get the number solution to their problem.
[10:58] – Guy asks John for a piece of advice re: a niche.
[13:56] – Guy asks John about his pattern recognition for successful entrepreneurs.
[20:32] – Guy asks John what one should look for in a mentor.
- John: Find someone who is currently where you want to be in about a year from now.
- He found a booming business podcast host – Jamie Masters.
[25:35] – John talks about the BHAG Theory.
- John is a believer of the Big Hairy Audacious Goals Theory.
[27:43] – Guy asks if John has altered his strategy.
- Being good is not enough – be remarkable.
[32:33] – John asks Guy about his belief around the purpose of a company.
- Guy: Great Tech Companies emerge because founders want to create products they use personally.
- John: Nobody wants a weak imitation of somebody else; they want the best version.
- Guy: The company’s purpose is not to create jobs but to create customers.
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!