Ian is an on-camera confidence coach who trains entrepreneurs to hack their emotions so they can destroy a lifetime of camera shyness to become naturally comfortable on camera in just minutes.
Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
Manycam – Ian’s small business resource
Blink – Ian’s Top Business Book
GetOnCameraConfidence.com – Ian’s website
How To Finally Win – Learn how to create your dream life one step at a time!
The Freedom Journal – Set & Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
3 Value Bombs
1) Learn to understand your emotions.
2) Building a business requires time and effort.
3) Have conversations and engage with your clients.
Billy Gene Is Marketing: My friend Billy Gene wants to send you something in the mail! It’s small, blackish, and if used properly it might deliver some serious R O I. For the next 100 listeners who go to CopyOurAds.com, Billy Gene is going to mail you his best performing Facebook funnels for FREE. You just cover the shipping!
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
[01:04] – Ian lives in Guyana in South America
[01:45] – People will know if you’re nervous – or terrified – in an interview
[01:53] – Ian helps entrepreneurs to understand their emotions
[02:24] – Share something we don’t know about your area of expertise that as Entrepreneurs, we probably should: 3 Principles on How Emotions Work:
- Understand that there are 2 different languages in our mind — the logical brain and the emotional brain
- Emotions speak through the 5 senses
- If you can control your 5 senses, you can control someone’s reality – or your own reality
[07:04] – JLD’s tip is to do things that you need to until you’re good at it
[07:52] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Ian was 20 years old when he first started his business. Internet cafes were a big thing. Ian jumped on this industry and opened his own cafe. Eventually, he re-sold Internet minutes to other cafes. He thought customers would just come if he had a cafe, not realizing the efforts required. After the first couple of months, Ian realized it was taking more work than he thought it would
[09:35] – Do not romanticize the idea that a business will easily attract customers into it
[11:25] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: When Ian first started doing photography, he realized that when taking photos of people, no matter how great his equipment was, the photos will always reflect what the person is feeling — usually awkward. Ian teaches his clients how to naturally project their emotions, and that changed the game for his business.
[12:52] – Engage with your clients so you know what they really need
[13:34] – You don’t need to put in more effort if 100% gets the job done
[13:52] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? “I’m about to launch a 24/7 live stream on Facebook Live and Youtube”
[18:10] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “It has to be doubt”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “If you don’t ask, the answer is always no”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “Staying curious”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Manycam
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – Blink – “I love intuition”
[20:43] – Don’t try to beat emotion with logic
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!