J.D. Roth is an accidental personal-finance expert and a regular guy who found himself deep in debt. After deciding to turn his life around, he read everything he could about money and finance. In 2006, he started the award-winning blog Get Rich Slowly, which Money Magazine named the Web’s most inspiring personal-finance blog, and Time Magazine named it one of the best blogs of 2011. J.D. is also the author of Your Money: The Missing Manual, and now writes at “More Than Money.”
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- “The small man Builds cages for everyone He Knows. While the sage, Who has to duck his head When the moon is low, Keeps dropping keys all night long For the Beautiful Rowdy Prisoners.” – Hafiz click to tweet!
- J.D.’s failure is so familiar, as is how he overcame his challenge.
Entrepreneurial AHA Moment
- J.D.’s AHA moment is incredibly practical and actionable for every listener. I took legit notes myself!
- J.D. successfully sold Get Rich Slowly and has transitioned into the next chapter of his life… it’s an exciting one!
Small Business Resource
- Dropbox: a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily.
Best Business Book
- 50 Prosperity Classics by Tom Butler-Bowdon
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!