Jennifer Jacob built a multi-million dollar travel firm from her experience through a study abroad semester. When life flipped upside down, she used a creative solution to launch her business.
Explorateur Travel – All you have to do is pack and go!
Explorateur Travel on Instagram – Reinventing the way you travel by providing comprehensive planning and itineraries.
3 Value Bombs
1) Follow where life is and grow with that.
2) By personalizing everything and making the experience intimate for your clients, you can put yourself above the competition.
3) Be vulnerable enough to be courageous in the face of obstacles – and be persistent.
ZipRecruiter: By connecting people who need jobs and companies that need people, ZipRecruiter is working with all of us so we can keep moving forward. Let’s work together. ZipRecruiter.com/worktogether
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: Creative Solutions amid Chaos with Jennifer Jacob
[1:15] – Jennifer shares something interesting about herself that most people do not know.
- She quit a 6-figure corporate healthcare role and moved in with a family in Italy. She spent 3 months in Europe before she found a creative solution for her new business.
[2:44] – How do you decide what key factors of your business to focus on and which factors you can be flexible with?
- Identify the values
- Have honest conversations on how to scale your business while still maintaining your core values and philosophy.
- Start with a single concept and adapt your model.
- Follow where life is and grow with that.
[4:33] – Jennifer shares her experience with following where life is.
- Her business focuses on the European market. They did a food tour in Italy, but it didn’t work out great.
- She then started to focus on European travel. She learned from her experience and kept going where she found success.
[6:07] – How can you differentiate yourself in an industry where your product already exists?
- A comparison can be the fuel to the fire.
- You can compare yourself and think of ways to do things better.
- By personalizing everything and making the experience intimate for your clients, you can put yourself above the competition.
[8:21] – How can you remain credible with a product that you cannot always control?
- Become the resource that people turn to for advice and resources.
- When something goes wrong, it allows you to provide service recovery.
- The goal is for you to become the change agent – be a hero anytime you are providing a service.
[10:52] – JLD shares his contribution to Fire Nation during the Coronavirus Pandemic.
- 1,807 journals were given away as a gift to Fire Nation.
[14:48] – How can you create work/life balance when the level of success relies on your productivity?
- Define boundaries and manage expectations with your customers
- Communicate consistently
- Anticipate concerns
[16:57] – When should you consider a failure to be a positive?
- You should consider failure as a positive scenario every time.
- Every failure is a lesson learned, and that is one step closer to success the next day.
- All the magic happens when you try something new.
[21:39] – How do you keep building a business while overcoming obstacles?
- The higher the obstacle, the lower the competition.
- Be resilient; it will get you farther than skill or knowledge will.
- Be patient and consistent in the face of obstacles.
- Put a name to your emotion so you can make it real, and use that as a platform for progress.
- If it didn’t make you, it won’t break you.
[24:37] – Jennifer’s parting piece of guidance.
- Be vulnerable enough to be courageous in the face of obstacles, and be persistent.
- Explorateur Travel – All you have to do is pack and go!
- Explorateur Travel on Instagram – Reinventing the way you travel by providing comprehensive planning and itineraries.
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!