During an internship at a wish granting organization, Jess Ekstrom found that girls loved to wear headbands after losing their hair to chemotherapy. Therefore, during her junior year, she founded HeadbandsofHope.org. For every headband purchased, one is given to a girl with cancer and $1 is donated to fund childhood cancer research.
Subscribe to EOFire
Apple | Google | Spotify | Stitcher | iHeart
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- I don’t associate with people who blame the world for their problems, you are your only problem, but you’re also your solution.’ – Bridesmaid click to tweet!
- Jess straight up lied about her age to many people. She thought it would hold her back. It ended up doing just the opposite. The lesson learned here Fire Nation? BE AUTHENTIC!
Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment
- Jess’ AH-HA moment is a Top 10 Moving Moment in all of EntrepreneurOnFire’s archives. DO NOT miss this story Fire Nation!!
- Jess is creating headbands for girls, buffs for boys, and TRULY making a difference in this world.
Small Business Resource
- TripIt: The TripIt trip planner keeps all of your travel plans in one spot. Create a master travel itinerary.
Best Business Book
- #GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amoruso
- 99Designs: The #1 marketplace for graphic design. Visit 99Designs.com/Fire and enjoy the $99 savings!
- XERO: Xero is THE online accounting software for your small business. Sign up for a free 30 day trial at Xero.com/podcasts.
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!