Jim is a world expert in speed-reading, memory improvement, and optimal brain performance, and he is the host of the Kwik Brain Podcast. For two decades he has served as the brain performance coach and trainer to many of the world’s most admired CEOs and celebrities – Elon Musk, Will Smith, and cast of the X-Men. After a childhood brain injury left him learning challenged, Kwik created strategies to dramatically enhance his mental performance. He has since dedicated his life to helping others to master the growing epidemic of information overload and unleash their brainpower for greater peace, productivity and profit.
Jim Kwik – Jim’s website
3 Value Bombs
1) The treasure you seek is hidden in the work you’re avoiding.
2) There’s no such thing as good or bad memory. There’s just trained memory and untrained memory.
3) If you do easy things in your life, life is hard. If you do the hard things in life, life will be easier.
Pitney Bowes: With SendPro Online from Pitney Bowes you can compare rates from multiple carriers, print stamps and shipping labels, and track shipments all in one place. Visit PB.com/fire and get a free 30-day trial plus a free 10 pound scale to get started!
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: Memory Makes Money – How to Confidently Recall Info for Greater Income, Influence, and Impact
[01:26] – Jim shares something interesting about himself that most people don’t know.
- He grew up with a brain injury and had learning challenges.
- The superpower he wanted as a kid was the power of invisibility because he was very shy
- Part of superheroes’ origin stories are their struggles to find their strength.
- His inspiration was his desperation.
[07:04] – How can we, as humans, recall names and faces?
- It’s one of the most important business etiquette skills there is, because how can you show someone what you can offer to them if you don’t care enough to remember their name?
- The name is the sweetest sound to a person’s ears.
- People don’t care how much you know, until they know how much you care.
- Two of the most costly words in your business are “I forgot”.
- There’s no such thing as good or bad memory. There’s just trained memory and untrained memory.
- You are not being paid for your muscle power. You’re being paid for your mind power.
- Your memory is not something you have, or you don’t have. It’s something you learn, or you don’t learn.
- Remember the Acronym M.O.M
- M – motivation. When you meet somebody for the first time, ask yourself why you’d want to remember the person’s name. Reasons reap results.
- O – observation. The key to a better memory is the art of attention. We live in a world full of distractions.
- M – mechanics.
- When you wake in the morning, you’re in this state where you’re extremely suggestible. If you pick up your phone right away, you are training your brain to do 2 things – tune in to find out what they are!
- One of the reasons we don’t remember names is because we are not focusing
- It’s just good training as a human being to care and be present with people.
- Scramble the letters in the word LISTEN and it also spells the word SILENT.
[32:36] – The 10 keys for building brain power.
- One-third of your brain power is pre-determined by genetics and biology. Two-thirds is completely in your control.
- Information anxiety is something that holds back entrepreneurs.
- Digital dementia is saying that we’re so dependent on our smart devices that our smart devices are making us stupid.
- The human doesn’t learn through consuming information. It learns by creativity and co-creation with our friends.
- A good brain diet. What you eat matters especially for your brain matter.
- Killing ANTs. ANT stands for Automatic Negative Thoughts. Your brain is like a supercomputer and your self-talk is the program that will run.
- Brain vitamins. The number one brain vitamin supplement there is is DHA.
- Positive peer group. Positivity and performance is contagious.
- Clean environment.
- You need sleep to clean plaque on your brain, and you need it to dream.
- Brain protection.
- New learnings. Schedule time to learn.
- Stress management.
[49:06] – Jim shares his morning routine.
- He remembers his dreams and captures it in a journal.
- He makes his bed. It creates positive momentum and a clean environment. How you do anything is how you do everything.
- He takes probiotics.
- He brushes his teeth with the opposite brain.
- He takes a cold shower. It resets the nervous system.
- He does a quick work out. What’s good for your heart is good for your brain.
- The treasure you seek is hidden in the work you’re avoiding.
- If you do easy things in your life, life is hard. If you do the hard things in life, life will be easier.
- On the top of his not-to-do list is touching his phone.
[54:54] – Jim’s parting piece of guidance
- A bird sitting on a tree is not afraid of the branch breaking because its trust is not in the branch, it’s in its own wings.
- Jim Kwik – Jim’s website
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!