John is a marketing consultant, speaker, and author of Duct Tape Marketing, The Referral Engine, Duct Tape Selling, The Commitment Engine, and SEO for Growth.
3 Value Bombs
1) Believe that your life is a work in progress.
2) Live and learn and then re-calibrate.
3) Put in the reps so you can remain strong.
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: How to become a Self-Reliant Entrepreneur with John Jantsch
[1:12]– John shares something about himself that most people don’t know.
- Growing up he was certain that he was going to be a rock and roll musician; he played the guitar and played with a couple of bands in college
[3:34] – What does it means to be a self-reliant entrepreneur?
- Believe that your life is a work in progress.
- Fully trust yourself and your unique gifts.
- Follow your dreams and stop caring what other people think. Know your purpose.
- Be completely resilient. Learn from experiences.
- Focus on the impact that you are having with your business.
[7:37] – How does one remain true to their entrepreneurial dream?
- Understand that you cannot control what other people do, say, or think.
- As an entrepreneur the only thing that you can control is how you show up and respond to everything that goes on around you, to you, and with you.
- John shares a quote from Albert Einstein, “You can see nothing as a miracle or you can see everything as a miracle.”
[9:56] – How do you get back up and start over after you fall?
- Look at things and frame them not as globally, but specifically. Ask “This did not work – why?” and “What can I learn from it?”
- Live and learn, and then re-calibrate.
- Life is one big experience.
[14:12] – John talks about little known women authors from the mid 19th Century.
- How women from mid 19th century are pretty much like entrepreneurs, in terms of being revolutionary.
- Reading inspirational works that get to the truth is a great way to stay grounded.
[20:13] – John talks about the role of mind, body, and spirit in the entrepreneurial journey.
- Running a business is a sport.
[20:35] – John talks about nature’s example of how to live a joyful life.
- John believes that all living things are connected – tune in to hear him read a paragraph from his book.
[24:29] – John’s parting piece of guidance
- Every day read something that may inspire you and take the challenge question. Even if you do not have the answer yet, one day it will unravel. Put in the reps so you can remain strong.
- What it Means to be a Self-Reliant Entrepreneur – Check out John’s website to learn more!
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!