Jon Stein is the CEO and Co-founder of Betterment. He’s a graduate of Harvard and Columbia. Prior to starting Betterment, he consulted several of the biggest banks in the world. During this time he saw many issues that led him to start a technology-driven online investing company.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- “An algorithm that is constructed on the back of an envelope is often good enough to compete with an optimally weighted formula, and certainly good enough to outdo expert judgment.” – Daniel Kahneman click to tweet!
- Jon simply hated his stint as an intern in a medical facility. He could quickly see he would never be happy there. Listen to how he broke the traditional way of thinking and jumped on the Entrepreneurial road to success.
Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment
- Jon saw firsthand how underserved the finance market was, and with Betterment, he set out to fix that.
- Betterment is currently experiencing incredible growth, and Jon sees the masses flocking to Betterment’s automated approach. Set it and forget it.
Small Business Resource
- Trello: Infinitely flexible. Incredibly easy to use. Great mobile apps. It’s free. Trello keeps track of everything, from the big picture to the minute details.
Best Business Books
- Betterment: The most trusted online financial advisor that provides optimized investment returns for individual, IRA, Roth IRA & rollover 401(k) accounts.
- Jon’s email
- LegalZoom wants to help you start your business right. Visit LegalZoom.com, where you’ll find award-winning services developed by some of the best legal minds in the country, and enter FIRE in the referral box at checkout.
- Betterment: A software-based online investment advisor built to provide optimized returns with a diversified portfolio. Betterment is an SEC Registered Investment Adviser. For more information and full disclosures visit betterment.com/fire!
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!