Josh Stanton is the co-founder of Screw The Nine To Five — him and his wife, Jill’s, slice of the internet where they help people quit their jobs, start online businesses and get them past the $100,000/year mark. He’s got a serious love for travel, an unhealthy obsession with pugs, and has been known to indulge in a rugby binge-watching session or two!
Our Think Like an Expert Challenge is closed, but you can still claim your spot on the livestream going down Feb 27th with Tony Robbins and Dean Graziosi! They’re going to break down How To Turn What You ALREADY KNOW Into Extraordinary Success And Impact.
Check out our KBB Bonus Experience! We’re also offering one of THE BEST bonus experiences when you join KBB through our affiliate link :)
3 Value Bombs
1) When people pay, they pay attention
2) Most important question you can answer right now: “who do I want to serve?”
3) You have certain beliefs you’re thinking every day – right now – that are keeping you from achieving success
ClickFunnels: With ClickFunnels’ new One Funnel Away Challenge you can have your funnel up, running, and optimized in just 30 days! Join the next One Funnel Away Challenge for just $100 at EOFire.com/funnel!
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
[1:45] – Josh shares something interesting about himself that most people don’t know
- Has traveled and lived in over 10 different countries while running their business
[2:45] – John talks about how he knows Josh and their history together – started at Tropical Think Tank 2014
[04:00] – The power of 5-day challenges
- Josh’s biggest tip around challenges: you have to be able to clearly communicate the outcome for those who are participating
- Josh talks about the Challenge they ran for Business By Design launch with James Wedmore in 2019
- With a Challenge you’re able to build rapport and know/like/trust with your audience
[06:15] – Josh talks about the transformations they saw throughout the 5-day Challenge they ran last year
- They realized people have a huge block around receiving
- Josh gives a specific example of one of their students who was in the Challenge and how she overcame that
[08:10] – John asks Josh why they decided to run a free Challenge last time around
- They just did what they thought they were supposed to, and they learned so much from that experience
- 30% of their Challenge attendees invested in Business By Design
- Josh feels like with a free Challenge people don’t take it as seriously as when they pay
[10:00] – John talks about putting lessons learned into practice
- Josh said a lot of the people who joined their first Challenge decided to join their 2nd Challenge, too
- It’s a great way to warm up your audience and create good will – even if they don’t take the next step off the backend of the Challenge
- Something magical about community, and you’re creating that for your audience when you create a Challenge
[13:50] – Josh talks about trekking mountains and the environment that is created
[18:00] – Think Like an Expert Challenge – join us before Feb 19th!
- Our Think Like an Expert Challenge is closed, but you can still claim your spot on the livestream going down Feb 27th with Tony Robbins and Dean Graziosi! They’re going to break down How To Turn What You ALREADY KNOW Into Extraordinary Success And Impact.
[18:50] – Josh and John talk about the reason why they’re running a paid Challenge
- When people pay, they pay attention
- They wanted to create a FULL experience for people
- This is also allowing us to lean into the Challenge more – give it more time, bandwidth, attention
[23:50] – What’s the best way to attract the best customers?
- Most important question you can answer right now: “who do I want to serve?”
- It’s so important to get clear on who you want to serve, because then you can get right down to your message and marketing
[26:30] – John talks about the importance of understanding who you want to serve
[29:30] – The tactical or technical side of business is only 20% of your ability to create success
- Biggest thing you can do to create success: study mindset and where you’re at right now internally
- Once you do the mindset work, all of your knowledge and abilities will be unlocked
[33:00] – Josh & John’s final call to action
- Are you playing small right now? If yes, join our challenge so you can step into your expert status
- You have certain beliefs you’re thinking every day that are keeping you from achieving success, and we’re going to help you uncover and squash those
- Experts are constantly learning; it’s not about knowing everything before you get started. It’s about how much action you take.
- Action leads to success.
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!