Josh York is an American entrepreneur and the founder & CEO of GYMGUYZ, the fastest growing fitness franchise. GYMGUYZ is #1 in Home Personal Training, providing convenient, customized and creative workouts at a setting that works best for each client. Headquartered in Plainview, New York, GYMGUYZ operates over 271 franchised locations in 29 states and 3 countries.
GYMGUYZ – Josh’s website
FUEL: What It Takes to Survive As an Entrepreneur – Josh’s book
JoshYorkgg – Josh’s Instagram
3 Value Bombs
1) If you’re the kind of person that, on a Sunday night at 7pm, is having anxiety over having to work on Monday, there’s something broken in you that needs to be fixed.
2) If you want to be successful and make big money, you have to deal with every big problem.
3) The mind is a very powerful thing. When you put your mindset to what you want to do, and how you’re going to get there, you will surely get there.
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: Fuel Your Drive to Success with Josh York
[01:24] – Josh shares something interesting about himself that most people don’t know.
[03:52] – What does it take to succeed in this world?
- It takes vision, and it takes passion. Not only do you have to have a vision, but you also must be excited about what you’re doing.
- If you’re the kind of person that, on a Sunday night at 7pm, is having anxiety that you’re having to work on Monday, there’s something broken in you that needs to be fixed.
- Just because one person is having success doing something doesn’t mean you should go and do that.
[06:32] – Josh talks about smoke and mirrors.
- It’s great to have a million followers, but they started with one – just like everybody else.
- A lot of people pay attention to all the ‘noise’ out there, which gives them anxiety and makes them focus on the wrong things.
- Focus on yourself. Don’t focus on everything else.
[09:45] – What were some of Josh’s biggest struggles he faced to get where he is now?
- If you want to be extraordinary, you cannot live ordinary.
- He had more negatives in his bank account than sunny days in Puerto Rico.
- If you want to be successful and make big money, you have to deal with every big problem.
- You can’t ever give up, never quit, and always have that drive and intensity.
- You’ve got to able to paint that vision on a blank canvass of what you see.
- FUEL: What It Takes to Survive As an Entrepreneur – Josh’s book
- D.R.I.V.E. is the core value. D-determination, R-respect, I-integrity, V-versatility, E-excellence.
- F.U.E.L. – the four components that a business model needs to be successful. F-fun, U-unity, E-earnings, L-leadership.
[17:02] – The importance of being positive in this world.
- You are what you surround yourself with. You can really judge a person by their friends.
[18:59] – One of the hardest things an entrepreneur can achieve is momentum. How did Josh do it?
- No one person, male or female, has ever been successful alone. You have to be able to surround yourself with great people.
- If you don’t ask for help, shame on you.
- You make a mistake once, it’s a lesson. But if you decide to do it again, it’s your choice.
- The craziest thing is when your fans become your followers.
[25:10] – How is hiring top talent a challenge, and how does it make GYMGUYZ the company it is today?
- Culture eats strategy for breakfast.
- If you want to be a boss, you better not go with the business.
- If you can’t challenge together, if you can’t work together, it’s not going to work.
- You’ve got to have a great culture, and you’ve got to care.
- If you aren’t honest with people, you’re not going to succeed.
[30:11] – How can we take those negatives and turn them into positive?
- When you’re positive, you’re going to have a lot more highs than you’re going to have lows.
- You have to be obsessed with being positive.
- When you put positivity out in the universe, you will get it back.
[32:41] – How did Josh scale an entire business out of his parents’ dining room??
- There are 2 types of entrepreneurs. There are business entrepreneurs, and then there are entrepreneurs who are in shape and take their mindset to another level.
- You’ve got to be mentally tough. It’s great to be smart. But smarts don’t win. Persistence and drive win.
- If you have just one doubt in your mind that you will fail, then you will in fact fail.
[35:52] – Why is vision important?
- Because you need direction.
[39:07] – Is bootstrapping your business possible?
- You need to be a relentless animal. You need to be focused, driven, and you need to never stop.
- If you are to choose between speed and execution, speed is better.
- You can bootstrap your business, but you have to do it fast enough to get ahead of everybody else.
[43:05] – Josh’s parting piece of guidance
- Believe in yourself. You can do it. You’ve just got to have the energy to do it. You must have the relentlessness to do it. You’ve got to be able to have the vision to do it.
- The mind is a very powerful thing. When you put your mindset to what you want to do, and how you’re going to get there, you will surely get there.
- GYMGUYZ – Josh’s website
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!