J.R. is the Founder/CEO of Trippy.com, a community of travelers helping each other travel better. In 1999, he started VirtualTourist.com, the premier travel community of its time, and he eventually sold it to Expedia/TripAdvisor for $85 Million in 2008.
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- ‘Desperation breeds creativity.’ – Unknown click to tweet!
- VirtualTourist.com went through an incredible number of near failures – until it sold for $85 million in 2008. BAM!
Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment
- J.R. knew in his heart of hearts that the best content for travel was through user-generated content, even before that was a word!
- Trippy.com is rocking the travel world once again, and thanks to Tim Ferriss and Anthony Bourdain, social proof is taken care of!
Small Business Resource
- Google Hangouts: Whether you’re talking just with that special someone or figuring out Friday night plans with the whole gang, Hangouts are like real-life conversations.
Best Business Book
- The Hard Thing About Hard Things by Ben Horowitz
- ZipRecruiter: With ZipRecruiter you can post to fifty plus job sites, including social networks like LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter, all with a single click. Post a job free at ZipRecruiter.com/Fire.
- The Great Courses: Looking for detailed advice on how to start your own business? Order The Entrepreneur’s Toolkit today with my special offer from The Great Courses! Visit thegreatcourses.com/fire
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!