Ken Rusk is a Blue-Collar Business Entrepreneur who has launched several successful endeavors over the last 30 years. He specializes in hiring, training and developing job seekers, coaching and life path design.
Blue-Collar Cash – Check out Ken’s latest book!
Ken’s Website – Learn more about top ways to get high paying blue-collar jobs.
3 Value Bombs
1) College may be the right path for certain people with certain aspirations, but college is not needed for certain professions.
2) Pair your vocational passion with a clear life vision and you can achieve having comfort, peace, and freedom.
3) Once you start creating goals, remember to congratulate yourself; build a brochure inside your mind of your goal, be certain, take action; and share your goal with others.
Azlo: You can sign up for a business banking account right now with NO minimum deposit! Just visit Azlo.com/eof and get a free copy of Azlo’s Small Business Starter Guide! Azlo is owned by BBVA USA, member FDIC.
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: Hand Made: The Amazing Opportunities in the Blue Collar World with Ken Rusk
[1:12] – Ken shares something interesting about himself that most people do not know.
- He has a habit of making sure that everything is in order, straight, and balanced.
[2:19] – What happened to the shop class?
- The shop class started disappearing during the ’80s.
- Shop classes are more expensive to run compared to the digital classes that exist today.
[4:50] – Has college been oversold?
- College is not for everyone. Not everyone can afford it.
[8:41] – Who do you think college is for, and who do you think college is not for?
- Ken is not an anti-college person – he is against the stigma that is attached to the person who did not go to college.
- College was never intended for everybody, however, it is being sold like it is intended for everybody.
- It may be the right path for certain people with certain aspirations, but college is not needed for certain professions.
[10:41] – What is the current state of the blue-collar world?
- There is a problem with the supply and demand for a blue-collar career.
- What is more important?
- If you cannot go to college, there are still a huge amount of opportunities waiting for you in the blue-collar world.
[15:59] – Ken talks about the 4-year head start.
- If you go to college, it will take you 4 years to try to master something, and you walk away with debt. You will get started only after 4 years in college.
- By spending 4 years mastering a trade or a skill, you can start getting paid a good wage pretty much right away. You get a 4 year head start in learning and in earning.
[19:31] – What is Comfort, Peace, and Freedom to you?
- Think of a triangle, and how each leg of the triangle is inter-dependent upon the other one to remain strong.
- Comfort, Peace, and Freedom can be your overall goals for a living.
- Pair your vocational passion with a clear life vision and you can achieve having comfort, peace, and freedom.
- Draw your life map today.
[23:05] – Someday-ers vs. Today-ers.
- Someday-ers – your ideas are useless if you do not take action.
- Today-ers – you can be successful if you start taking action today.
[26:49] – The 5 Steps to Nailing Your Future:
- Congratulate yourself – you are no longer a ‘some-dayer’.
- Build a brochure inside your mind of your goal – what your mind can see it can get.
- Complete the creation of your goal with certainty.
- Put your goal into action.
- Share your goal with others.
[34:13] – Ken’s parting piece of guidance.
- Once you start creating goals remember to congratulate yourself; build a brochure inside your mind of your goal, be certain, take action; and share your goal with others.
- Blue-Collar Cash – Check out Ken’s latest book!
- Ken’s Facebook Page – Learn more about top ways to get high paying blue-collar jobs.
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!