Kent Bickmore is as an Internet marketer, tried different outsourcing options… DISASTER! To stay in business he had to redefine the concept of a call center and its money making role in business.
Customer Service Collective – Get the on-boarding fee of $1,500 waived when you say you were referred by Entrepreneurs On Fire!
3 Value Bombs
1) Make sure the phone number you want people to call is prominent everywhere in your business.
2) When people buy from you once, they’ll feel comfortable buying from you again if their experience is a good experience.
3) Using scripts makes you sound robotic. Besides, as an agent, you’ll never learn the product, you’ll just learn the script.
ClickFunnels: With ClickFunnels’ new One Funnel Away Challenge you can have your funnel up, running, and optimized in just 30 days! Join the next One Funnel Away Challenge for just $100 at EOFire.com/funnel!
Pitney Bowes: Shipping and mailing from your desk has never been simpler than with SendPro Online from Pitney Bowes. Visit PB.com/fire for a free 30-day trial plus a free 10-pound scale to get started!
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: Call Center Secrets That Make You Money, No Matter What Business You Are In with Kent Bickmore
[00:55] – Kent shares something interesting about himself that most people don’t know.
- He was a DJ in college. He was a soul-funk music geek.
[02:18] – Why is customer service the most important thing to get right in your business?
- When somebody calls your customer service number, it’s probably the first time they’ve ever talked to anybody at your company.
[03:37] – What does Kent mean when he says that customer service should be a profit center?
- They train their agents on the sales perspective. It’s not about selling them another product. It’s about selling them on staying with you as a customer.
- When people buy from you once, they’ll feel comfortable buying from you again if their experience is a good one.
[05:59] – Kent talks about using scripts…
- Using scripts makes you sound robotic. Besides, as an agent, you’ll never learn the product, you’ll just learn the script.
- The reason why people use scripting in call centers is because the turn-around is pretty high
[09:08] – Kent talks about training agents on the sales perspective.
- When he started doing customer service himself for his products, he did everything from a sales perspective.
- On the sales perspective, you’d want to be in control of what’s happening on the call.
[15:04] – The phone is still the killer app in a business – Kent talks about the importance of this
- It’s shocking when you call a phone number and somebody answers right away.
[15:08] – Why is in-house customer service is always toxic to the business?
- In-house means you have a customer service situation in your office.
- Most customer service calls are negative, and the last thing you want in your business is negativity.
- Put the customer service section in a totally different location so they won’t be interacting with other people in the business.
[19:46] – Call centers help entrepreneurs find new money as well as stop hidden money leaks that we don’t know about.
- If the customer is asking for a refund, you can give 50% refund and let the customer keep the product and end up liking it. That’s new money to the business.
- You can pinpoint who the bad affiliates are and eliminate them as soon as possible. That’s one way to save money.
[23:20] – You don’t know what you don’t know until you use a call center that’s effective.
[25:29] – Kent’s parting piece of guidance
- Make sure the phone number you want people to call is prominent everywhere in your business.
- Visit Customer Service Collective and get the on-boarding fee of $1,500 waived when you say you were referred by Entrepreneurs On Fire!
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!