Kevin Harrington is an original “Shark” on the hit TV show Shark Tank, the creator of the infomercial, and the pioneer of the As Seen on TV brand. His business ventures have produced well over $5 billion in global sales and 20 of his companies have topped $100 million in revenue.
Mark Timm has been a serial entrepreneur for nearly two decades. He has started more than a dozen companies, and his success in business and the digital marketplace led to his partnering with Kevin Harrington to 100X Kevin’s own digital brand. Mark is now CEO of Xponential, Inc., a partnership with Kevin Harrington and his son Brian Harrington.
Click here to join us on a FREE, LIVE webinar: The Secret Framework for Growing Your Business While Working Less!
1) Whoever you are, be that individual. Be YOU. Be unique. Be genuine.
2) Entrepreneurs have a vision of starting a business, but unless they have a sale, they don’t have a business – they have a very expensive hobby.
3) Entrepreneurs have incredible ideas that the world needs, but there’s something keeping their ideas from the world. That thing is the FEAR of selling.
ZipRecruiter: Successful businesses rely on quality people. But finding quality people can be tough. That’s why I love ZipRecruiter! Its powerful technology scans thousands of resumes to identify people with the right skills and experience, and then actively invites them to apply for your job! That means you get quality candidates fast. And right now you can try ZipRecruiter for free! Visit ZipRecruiter.com/fire. ZipRecruiter. The smartest way to hire!
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: The Secret to having everything you want in life
[02:22] – Kevin shares something about himself that most people don’t know…
[04:14] – Mark shares something about himself that most people don’t know…
[06:29] – Kevin, I know you travel extensively. What do you see out there that excites you?
- Kevin talks about how he loves to spend time with entrepreneurs in different countries – he gets great advice and is able to mentor them in return.
[08:30] – What are you currently working on that you’re passionate about?
- Kevin spent the first 30 years of his life figuring out how to be an entrepreneur.
- He built his business by selling – he is a salesman.
- The next 30 years of his life he spent building and taking products to the next level.
- He loves solving problems. He was mentored by Zig Ziglar’s book.
- His goal is to mentor entrepreneurs to take their life and business to the next level.
[12:40] – Mark, talk about the collision here – why is it that you’re passionate about this mission?
- Mark has been an entrepreneur for 2 decades now, and he got to a point when he started questioning himself: ‘What do I really want to do?’
- He reconnected with his mentor Zig Ziglar, and then met his protégé Kevin Harrington – he became Kevin’s mentor as well.
- He realized that if Kevin wants to help entrepreneurs, that can be his goal, too
- He was tired of people teaching a copy of a copy of a copy.
- He got fired up at the thought of, “What if we were able to bring to entrepreneurs the source code…?” They were able to find the Beta tapes of Zig Ziglar, and they brought them to life.
[17:24] – Kevin, help me finish this statement: “Nothing happens in the business until you make a ____ ?
- Nothing happens until you make a sale.
[21:32] – Mark, share with us your vision of the entrepreneurial mountain.
Entrepreneurs have this vision of starting a business, but unless they have a sale, they don’t have business – they have a very expensive hobby.
- Entrepreneurs have incredible ideas that the world needs, but there’s something keeping their ideas from the world – and it’s the FEAR of selling.
- That fear is the entrepreneurial mountain, and they just have to climb that mountain.
- Above the struggle is the sunshine and the top of the mountain, where the exponential entrepreneurs are hanging out.
[28:29] – Mark, how can Fire Nation plug into what you’re doing?
- Click here to join us on a FREE, LIVE webinar: The Secret Framework for Growing Your Business While Working Less!
[32:57] – Kevin’s parting piece of guidance for Fire Nation
- Don’t try to do all the stuff alone. Create a dream team.
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!