Layla is a sex expert who studied sexuality at Stanford, and Tantra in Asia. Through her YouTube channel, newsletters and programs, she motivates millions to experience epic sexual pleasure.
Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
Layla’s YouTube channel – Layla’s small business resource
Tantra Illuminated – Layla’s Top Business Book
Layla-Martin.com – Layla’s website
How to Finally Win – Learn how to create your dream life one step at a time!
The Freedom Journal – Set & Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
3 Value Bombs
1) Sexuality goes way beyond our experience of pleasure.
2) Side hustles are just to help you get through your expenses, but they help you grow as well.
3) Follow your inner self of yes.
Go To Webinar: My BEST marketing strategy? Hosting LIVE WEBINARS. And Go To Webinar has the reliability and the features you need to deliver webinars your audience will love. For more information, visit GoToWebinar.com/fire!
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
[01:21] – Layla has always been fascinated by sexuality
[01:26] – Her sexual trauma as a child gave her a deep sense of what it can be to feel sexually shut down
[01:48] – At 18, Layla knew that sexuality was her path
[02:22] – “I spent almost 10 years in Asia, doing crazy stuff in the jungle”
[03:05] – Layla talks about how her classes at Stanford went
[04:17] – Layla’s expertise is to show how to remove any blockage – psychological, physiological, emotional – from sexual intimacy experiences, and to move into the fullest deep expression of sexuality and connection
[04:40] – Share something we don’t know about your area of expertise that as Entrepreneurs, we probably should: “Sexuality is so intimately tied to our creativity and to our experience of ourselves”
[06:15] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: When Layla moved to New York from Asia, she started her YouTube channel and online courses. The first few months were a struggle, but she eventually gained traction. Layla had to take a side job to help fund her new business at an ice cream shop, and she tried her best to hide it from people – until she was photographed by Humans of New York and her picture was published online. She initially felt ashamed, but later realized it was fine
[10:05] – “I would do it – whatever it takes”
[11:09] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: In just 3 and a half years, Layla has built 4 online courses and her company has grown into a 7-figure business. She had a feeling that there was still a “next level” for her and her business, but she couldn’t decide on it. She did a ritual where she talked to her unconscious, and that gave her the YES. She then pursued creating a certification course and it became successful
[16:45] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “Unworthiness”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “If you’re not embarrassed by what you released, then you waited too long”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “I do breath work”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Layla’s YouTube
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – Tantra Illuminated – “it’s one of the only books I found that really grounds it and helps people who feel like they want to explore it but they want a really good understanding of the roots of it, the original practice of it, and that’s just an incredible book for letting people see the depth and richness of the path”
[19:58] – “Combine breath work with your sexual experience”
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!